lake isabella

Discussion in 'CALIFORNIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by cali2ohio, Jul 10, 2009.

1. cali2ohio

cali2ohio New Member

State:
    Milford, OH
    i grew up in cali and fished lake isabella alot. its in the middle of bakersfield and ridgecrest. i see nothing of this lake here. i had a blast night fishing with my dad. its the memories i will cherish forever. now i live in ohio, but nothing has changed except now im the dad taking my boy fishing all the time.

2. upncomincatfishking

upncomincatfishking New Member

State:
    Cheviot Ohio
    thats aweome i love to ake my son fishin there is a lake out by indian hills named lake isabella its ran by the park district but its something like a paylake but you can fish all night on a boat and they been smashin them out there my dudes uncle goes out and smashes 50's all day long. i use to live in colerain where you go fishing at?

3. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    I like fishing Lake Isabella just dont like the wind!go there many times a year for catfish,crappie,bass and trout. Everything still the same

4. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Right on brother. Welcome to the BOC.

5. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    In the long run you will see the Cali to Ohio move as an upgrade when it comes to fishing. Lots of more waters to fish and better catfishing too especially when it comes to blues your way. Too many regulated waters out here that dont allow night fishing and costs everytime you want to wet a line be it public or private out here in Cali unless you venture to the few places that is open fishing like the few rivers and canals. But those places is far away from the big cities.

6. cali2ohio

cali2ohio New Member

State:
    Milford, OH
    i grew up in the mojave desert. lake isabella was like 45 minutes away and we did not have to pay to fish. i really enjoyed fishing the creeks towards bishop, ca for trout. taboose creek, goodale creek, lone pine, independence creek....the memories. and not to mention fishing off the huge rock at whitney portals.....lol

7. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    thanks for the post.... ya know, when you look at all that Isabella has, it is a great place to fish.... Ya got hunting.... and good hunting at that.. then its got "white water" rafting... and you can walk the river from "roads end" all the way into the sierra's... a milliion miles..:wink:

Got snow skiing, and water skiing... got lots of nice things for the outdoors....
    But... there is some wind

I have often thought of doing the retirement thing there for part of the time.....and then being at the Colorado river for the other time....