Lake Isabella 95lb BLUE CATFISH?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catfishDK, Nov 10, 2009.

1. catfishDK

catfishDK New Member

State:
    cincinnati OH
    There was a 95lb blue caught at lake isabella saturday you can see the story on fox19.com the fish looks more like 65-75lb to me but its the biggest fish in hamilton county parks history

2. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    awesome!! id love to hang one of them on a 808 lol

3. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    That's a heckuva nice fish but I'd like to have them scales. The fish in my avatar is 72 1/2 lbs and looks bigger to me than the pics in that story.

Nice fish though.

4. catfishDK

catfishDK New Member

State:
    cincinnati OH
    Agreed!!

5. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
  6. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    aw man after seein the pic..its a nice fish but noway a 90 anything... still...very nice fish though:big_smile:

7. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    well thats a paylake fish for ya, it might of been over 90 when stocked but after years of not enough forage fish it lost its weight

8. CatSlayer715

CatSlayer715 New Member

State:
    gville NC
    BS.. not a 95 lb fish... 68 lbs is my guess... look at Nanner's avatar.. thats a 7x lb fish and looks way bigger.

9. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    They can call it the biggest in Hamilton County Parks history all they want, but a paylake is a paylake, no matter if its owned by a park or not..:wink:

10. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I couldn't agree more. This is a paylake ran but the damn government ... two of my least favorite things.

11. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    And I need those scales on my boat because that fish is nowhere near 95lbs....LMAO!:smile2:

12. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Another thing...the article said this fish was close to a state record?? Now that's a scary thought. Are they saying that joe paylaker can go out and catch a state record blue from a paylake? Correct me if I am wrong and I hope I am...I know there are plenty of pay lakes around here that claim to have fish over 100lbs...Are those fish fair game for a state record? If they are that's BS! Where you at Salmonid I know you know the answer?....lol:crazy:

13. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH

paylake fish are not eligible for state record status, but yes if some trotliner catches a state record he could sell it legally or illegally depending on the license... OR the latter is catching one at a paylake and claiming you caught it from the ohio river:crazy::roll_eyes::wink:

14. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I kinda wonder if this was the state record. As in the guy who caught the 96lb a few months back and kept it for his pond sold it to Isabella. After a few months of living in that gravel pit the 96 is now 60. The manager probably just said I know what fish that is and it weighed 95 when we put it in. So they marked it a 95.

15. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Isabella is nothing but a county owned paylake.But anyway theres no way in hell that Blue comes even close to 95 pounds in that pic.IMO.

16. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I agree in the news video for the state record they had that blue in a 100 gallon tank just like the one I have in my boat and it took up every square inch. That fish pictured in this recent article looked like I could fit 3 in my livewell no problem. There is no way in hell that fish weighs 95lb's.

17. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Thats a 95 lber for sure.No doubt, you boys are just jealous..LMAO:wink:

18. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    I have never seen a big blue cat up close, never caught one before. But that fish does'nt look like a 95 lber. I would also say that the pics are'nt that good. If he was holding the fish up you could judge the size a little better.

19. SURFPREP

SURFPREP New Member

State:
    KY
    I may be wrong, but I didn't think you could use game fish for bait.

"Kidwell said he used trout as bait".

20. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    In Ohio you can use anything that was legally caught as bait.