Lake Irvine

Discussion in 'CALIFORNIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by drews0311, Jun 4, 2007.

1. drews0311

drews0311 New Member

State:
    iowa
    I havent been up to the vine since last season, but i have recently found a new fishing buddy and want to show him how much fun the vine is. are any of you guys going to be in the area this week end and if so would you like to meet up or all pitch in on a pontoon for some night fishing???

2. dawson06

dawson06 New Member

State:
    Oceanside, California
    I can't make it this weekend, but I am planning on meeting a couple of buddies next weekend, and we are planning on getting a pontoon. I am pretty sure that we can fish five people comfortably from the toon.

Let me know if you are interested.

James

3. drews0311

drews0311 New Member

State:
    iowa
    dawson

i dont know if we will be going nex weekend but we do plan on going this saturday. renting a pontoon would be ideal.

i will let you know how we do on saturday from the shore. i am sure that if we get a stringer full we will be back next week end. my bro jaime and lambert would be interested in going in on a pontoon with you.

ill keep you posted on how we do this weekend

joe

4. dawson06

dawson06 New Member

State:
    Oceanside, California
    Joe,

We were planning on being up there tonight, but we figured that opening night would be packed.

We might hit Lake O'Neill tonight for some sunset float tube catfishing. And we will be at Lake Wohlford tomorrow morning to get in on the crappie bite that has been going on for the past couple of weeks.

Hopefully we can hookup next weekend for some night fishing with the pontoon. But if not, we usually fish Irvine at least once a month during the night sessions.

Tight lines to you and your buddies tomorrow night.

James

5. drews0311

drews0311 New Member

State:
    iowa
    james

we went and fished the west shore out at the vine saturday night and no luck at all. we arrived at like 5pm and fished till almost midnight. me and my bro were running every bait imaginable and didnt get one hit. as you predicted the shore was packed and i no one caught a thing. so much for those 10,000 pounds of kittys they let loose. i heard of some guys catching a few stringers of eaters off a boat that morning. we should still do the poontoon this weekend.

give me call if you read this i want to know how you did at oneil and wholford + get the trip lined up this weekend

joe
    949 309 7151

6. godsglad8tor

godsglad8tor New Member

State:
    Riverside, CA
    the one time an opprotunity for me to visit there with the fellas and im flat broke, damnit:sad2:

7. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hey Joe, sorry to hear you guys got skunked. Let mw know if we are still on for this Saturdayat Irvine. The more people the cheaper it will be. A pontton will hold five people or even six nicely.
    My buddy and I are going saltwater fishing on the Sportking this friday; give me a call if you can make it. THe baracuda are running hope to get a few along with some fresh mackeral or bonita.
    Welcome to the BOC James.

Jaime

8. dawson06

dawson06 New Member

State:
    Oceanside, California
    Hey Joe,

We ended up sitting on the couch eating pizza and drinking beer Friday night, so we never made it to O'Neill.

Saturday morning we were on the water at Wohlford by 0700. We fished until 1400. Between the three of us we got 5 eating size channel cats (between 1 and 2 pounds) and 3 or 4 dinks.

My buddy Tim caught 3 keepers on nightcrawlers dipped in Catmando garlic. I got two keepers on live shiners and a few dinks on chicken liver. My buddy Jeff got skunked.

Looks like it was slow everywhere (in SoCal) this weekend.

James

9. dawson06

dawson06 New Member

State:
    Oceanside, California
    Hey Joe,

I just read your PM. I can't reply until I have 10 posts.

I'll give you a call tomorrow.

James