Lake Hulah

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Mr. Foster, Jun 8, 2009.

1. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Anyone fishing Lake Hulah? Im from S.E. Kansas gonna be spending some time down there. Wandering if the fishing is any good. I fish for flatheads mostley. Im not asking for any spots, jus curious how fishing is there. thanks.

2. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    Forget the lake and fish the 14 miles of Caney River and Pond Creek above the lake. Hulah at normal pool level is pretty shallow. It's a old lake impounded in 1951 and there's ton's of sediment in the lake. If the lake is above pool level you can get into the river from the lake if not there's a ramp Rocky Ford just above the lake.

3. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I am going to the Caney jus out of Cedar Vale Kansas today. Thanks for your input.

4. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    How did you do on the Caney....I haven't been able to make it out in a while so I wanted to hear a good fish story.:big_smile:

5. Quackshutr

Quackshutr New Member

State:
    Oklahoma, Collinsville
    I like the Caney too!

Q

6. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    This is kinda a late response, lol. When we got to the river the tornado sirens blew and we had to run to cover. Never saw anything. All I got to do is throw my net once and run, lol. I will be back there soon. Maybe then ill have a fishing story that is good.

7. AC1981

AC1981 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Is the catfishing pretty decent in the Caney above Hulah?

8. brownie

brownie Member

State:
    Bartlesville, O
    The catfishing in the Caney is very good. Set-lines and jugs are good choices. Summertime produces good flatties on live bait.