Lake Houston Boating

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by young fisher, Nov 18, 2007.

1. young fisher

young fisher New Member

State:
    Texas
    I have not been fishing on lake Houston IN a boat ever before. Please if you might be kind enough to take me out and fish please let me know. I am not begging I'm just frustrated because I can never catch any big fish on Lake Houston. If you canb take me, I dont care when...I just care if I catch big fish!!!!

2. coolarrow2

coolarrow2 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Hey Ben, What part of Lake Houston do you fish most of the time? I used to fish over there all the time but it has been years ago. I fish the Luce Bayou area back then. There was a marina and boat ramp right there at the bridge. They had some pier's and stuff there for people to fish off the bank. Like I said I know it's been a long lime but if all that stuff is still there, it might be a good place to check out. I caught some good bass and crappie and it looked like there should be some nice cats up in there too.
    What size of cats do you call big? Some peole think a 10lb fish is huge and some it might take a 50lb fish to be a good one. Both are good fish and both are big it just what you want to catch that matters.
    Who do you fish with when you go? My son and I go sometimes but he's not all that big of a fisherman. He likes it where they are biting like crazy LOL. I tell him that he likes to catch and not fish! lol He only 11 so I hope he will like it more when he get older.
    What is your biggest fish so far? Do you just catfish or do you like all types of fishing? I love to catfish but I like to bass fish and perch jerk too. Yesterday I went bass fishing and caught a 3 lb channel cat on a crank bait bass lure. lol I thought I had a whale bass!
    Anyway I just wanted to tell you about the Luce bayou place. Good luck fishing.

3. young fisher

young fisher New Member

State:
    Texas
    My catch is 7lb channel and i call 15lbs Big. I fish lake houston marina and duessen park. I can never catch any big fish cause i dont have a boat. I'm about to get a samll crappie john or bass boat to fish off of. I like to throw trotlines. Iv'e never found andyone that was willing to take me on thier boat who know how to fish and stuff. Iv'e heard of luce byu before but never fished there.I also fish with a friend my age,but never catch anything big.

4. coolarrow2

coolarrow2 New Member

State:
    Texas
    A 7 lb channel is a nice channel cat The biggest I have ever caught in the river I fish is 12 lbs. There are tons of smaller one but I just have never landed a big channel. I fish the Trinity river over here in Liberty and we are loaded with flatheads and blues. I too fish throw lines, It's a blast. I like to fish 5 hook lines baited with live perch. My buddy and I caught a 67 lb flathead in 2005. We catch lots of fish in the 30 lb range. I started rod and reel fishing for them and this summer I got a 38 lb one. It was cool.
    Your folks don't take you fishing? I know when I was your age my dad did not fish so I fished a small creek that was in bike riding distance for my house. I never caught any big ones but I caught lots of smaller fish. I was just glad I had a place to go back then.
    Back before you were even born that island right by the big 1960 bridge that crosses the lake used to be some really good fishing. I used to be alot bigger and tons of willow trees were on it. I caught a 5lb bass there on day. I had a little 10' jon boat with a trolling motor and I would launch there and troll out to the island and fish all day. I could not go far but it was a good place back then. The last time I crossed the lake it did not look like there was much of the island left.

5. young fisher

young fisher New Member

State:
    Texas
    Well I go to a small community pond but never caught anything big. I caught a 7lb channel there but nuthing big. In the other ponds there are 10 -15lbs but never tryed to getr them because they are so used to getting fed bread.