Lake Hope

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by HRCats, Jul 23, 2006.

1. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Fished Lake Hope this evening. Went out and caught a few minnows and small shad. Went to the backside of the lake and just fished for whatever i could manage to catch. Using ultralight rod and reel i use to catch bait with, spooled with 4lb test. Put a 3" shad on and tossed it next to a bunch of lily pads. No bobber, no sinker, just let em swim around a bit. Didn't have to wait long, figured it was a bass, so i set the hook. Right away i knew it wasn't no small fish, and the fight was on! Took me a good 5 minutes to get it to the canoe and finally in. Ended up with a channel that was 28" long and weighed 8lbs 10 oz. Sorry there isn't a pic but camera was in my other vehicle at home.

2. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Way to go. I havent went by Lake Hope is a LONG time. It's either a 9.9 HP limit or electric only if I recall correctly isnt it?

3. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I bet that big channel was a blast on lite tackle, comgrats on a fine catch.

4. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Bryan, It's electric only. Wish they'd let the 9.9 on there and chop up some of those lily pads, they've about taken over.