Lake Hope.

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Chris Giff, Jul 19, 2009.

1. Chris Giff

Chris Giff New Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Ohio
    Me and a buddy hit Lake Hope today for a change of pace..got there and fished for about 10 mins and my buddy got a snag..he said oh wait its coming up..We caught a Wrangler size 11 work boot. Kind of worried me and the Lake Hopeless jokes started.

We found a spot in the back where the lake loops around towards the old Furnace in the lily pad beds. Started catching channel cats right and left on worms and cut bluegills. My friend caught probably a dozen in about an hour ranging from 1-2.5 lbs on cut gill and worms. I was using gill heads and caught a 4 lbr and about a 6 lbr.

Nice lil secluded spot and probably a great place to take the kids fishing if ya got a little boat or don't mind walking. Non stop cats on one side of the boat and nonstop bluegills on the other. Should keep them little ones busy.

Anyone know if there's any flatheads in there? I kept one pole going almost the entire time with a live gill on but had no hits on it at all.

2. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    First of all welcome to the BOC!! There are no flatheads in there, only channels and bullheads. Fish the dam area in the evenings and the channels are bigger. You might also get lucky and catch an albino there too. i have fished this lake for over 30 years and IMO every lake is a "lake hopeless" until you get to know it!!!!

3. Chris Giff

Chris Giff New Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Ohio
    Yah was gonna try the dam area but my buddy wanted to cruise back in to the lily pad area going towards the furnace where it loops back around. Pretty neat back in that area like a maze going through those lily's.

Thanks for the welcome and the information.

4. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Welcome to the BOC. That's a fair good lake there. Alot of nice size channels in there to be caught. As far as the flatheads I haven't caught any but I'd say someone has toss a couple or so in.