Lake Hope

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by HRCats, Jun 8, 2009.

1. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Took my daughter catfishing on this 120 ac. lake that is 5 miles from our house. We ended up catching 9 channels smallest was 2lbs and the biggest weighed 6. All fish were caught on cut shad.
    This lake may be small (electric motor only) but it holds some decent fish. My pbs out of this lake include: bluegill 13", crappie 15" (there are bigger), bass 6lbs, channel cat 9 lbs. Ten years ago i personally saw a 20 lb channel caught, weighed and cleaned:angry: here.

Attached Files:

2. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    way to go roger i remember when that lake was pretty well the dead sea looks like its coming back pretty good after they sealed up all the old mines

3. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    nice channels

4. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    9 Channels is a good trip in anyones book..Glad to see you caught some fish.

5. catfishhunter1990

catfishhunter1990 New Member

State:
    ohio
    ive fished there alot but with no luck where were u guys fishing at??

6. DC43

DC43 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I went there last year, and some man caught a blue that was about 15 lb. He was fishing with wax worms trying to catch crappie( which I've never caught a catfish on waxworms). I fished there for 2 days and didnt catch anything, my uncle caught a couple a channel catfish about 1lb each and that was about it. We didn't venture too far we stayed around were the boat rental place was (Main section). There was a lot of lily-pads and almost all the fish I saw caught were right up by the lil-pads. Pretty nice place. I'm looking to back this year, just little more prepared.:wink: