Lake Hillsdale night fishing

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by recurvericky, Jun 13, 2007.

1. recurvericky

recurvericky New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    I am interested in doing some night fishing for flat heads at Hillsdale this Saturday night. Do any of you guys have suggestions as far as where to fishing and the best bait. I have only been on the lake twice as I just moved here from NC in December. I will be purchasing a map of the lake and have been checking out the satelite shots of the like. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

2. recurvericky

recurvericky New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    I need info on catching flat heads at night on Hillsdale. Also, info on setting some set lines for flatties

3. phlat

phlat New Member

State:
    Kansas
    My brother and I were out there last night and had a hard time even coming up with fish for cut bait or whole bait. Not one nibble for about 5 hours. Gave up about 10pm, so it was still kinda early.

4. phlat

phlat New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Just want to add that the water temps down there are almost perfect for their spawn so luck might be down a bit for a while.

5. Kyle

Kyle New Member

State:
    Kansas City - Olathe
    (assuming you have access to a boat) You know where the lake forks and left is big bull arm, and little bull is if you hang right, that point right there is a huge mud flat, be carefull not to get too close to the bank, it shollows out quick, but I had quite a bit of luck drifting it friday in about 14 ft of watter. Flatheads are biting, saw a baloted dead one floating around must have weighed about 50 lbs. Was able to get 2-4" shad in the marysville ramp cove (the white bass were schooling them up real tight). If fishing at night in a boat at hillsdale you gotta be real carefull but that flat is good for sitting on, cause there ain't no trees over there. Good luck, let us know how you do.

6. KingCat

KingCat New Member

State:
    Olathe Kansas
    All I got to say is to stay off those tree flats at night during calm winds. Those little gnats or something were SWARMING! :waaaht:

Bug spray didn't have any affect. I'm hoping it was some kind of hatch and those critters had only a few days to live.