Lake Hickory Stripers

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Bobwheelr, Nov 7, 2006.

1. Bobwheelr

Bobwheelr New Member

State:
    NC
    Has anyone fished lake hickory for strippers this week, if so how was the fishng, and where did you fish.

2. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    It is legal to troll for strippers down there? Sign me up for a five two eyes of blue blond 105 lbs.

Sorry couldn't resist. I like to fish for stripers. Maybe one of these days I'll get down that way.

3. miichael

miichael New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    people been catching them above 321 bridge all way up to the trestle. fish live shad, heron, or shiners. should do good.

4. Bobwheelr

Bobwheelr New Member

State:
    NC
    guess i made a little spelling mistake, that happends to me now and then. Years ago i use to hunt for strippers but now that i'm older i'll fish for a striper, ha ha.

5. Bobwheelr

Bobwheelr New Member

State:
    NC
    i use to put my boat in just south of the 321 bridge at a park like area, is that ramp still their, if not where do you put in when you fish that area. I havent fished that area in 4-5 years.

6. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    I heard thorugh the grapevine that some fish were being caught pretty good in gunpowder creek on freelines and live shad. Bait should be easy to find this time of year up there. I fished it once several years ago and did pretty good. It's a long drive for me though. good luck

7. miichael

miichael New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    best spot to put in if you plan to fish in upper part of lake is love lady or gunpowder unless you want to pay $5 to put in at 321 marina