Lake Hickory 07/21

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by miichael, Jul 21, 2006.

1. miichael

miichael New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Went out on hickory tonight in search for a few channel cats and did pretty good. Ended up with 12 fish, 11 catfish and 1 striper. Caught 3 nice channel cats and rest was all good fillet size. We throwed back a bunch of small fish probably caught 25 or so fish from 9pm-1am. Heres pics of the 3 biggest channels and striper. They was very nice channel cats cant really tell by pic. Not sure on the weight my wife has put up my digital scales in a safe place and neither of us can find them.

2. Fry Guy

Fry Guy New Member

State:
    Warrensburg Missouri
    They look delicious :smile2:

3. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Awesome Michael! Glad to see you hooking some of those Hickory channels. It ended up being pretty nice out last night, I'm sure you and your wife had fun fishing together. I'm kicking myself in the rear right now. Something must be wrong with me......here I am, five minutes from Lake Hickory, talking about fishing on a computer. Hmmm.....might be time for a Friday night fishing excursion:cool2:.

4. miichael

miichael New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I caught them up above the big trussel on cut shad. Caught my shad below the dam. Went up there they wasn't pulling no water so I'm thinking I'm not gonna be able to catch bait. Then all of a sudden i hear the horns and they opened all 3 wheels at once. Needless to say we went for a little ride. They left all 3 wheel run for about a hour then turned them off completely but we was lucky enough to catch about 50 shad. Best time is when they have just one wheel on pulling water that way you can stay in the calm and cast in the bubbles. if you go friday night give it a try up around the big trussel

5. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Looks like a good fish fry. congrats on your catch