Lake Hesperia

Discussion in 'CALIFORNIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by godsglad8tor, Jun 26, 2007.

1. godsglad8tor

godsglad8tor New Member

State:
    Riverside, CA
    the cheapest lake for nightfishing in the IE and they have Flathead!, i caught 2 channels but if i knew they had flathead i would have made a special trip to another lake to catch some bluegills or even to the pet store for some goldfish, sucks, but next time ill go prepaired

anyone else fish here before? i know its a drive off the 15 but i think its worth it and you dont need a boat

2. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    I Knew they had big blue cats but was not aware of the flats.
    I fished there one time a couple of months ago with no result. But not knowing the lake what do you expect.
    Better check the F&G regs before you make the mistake of 1. using bluegill for bait, 2. transporting live fish from one lake to another.
    http://www.dfg.ca.gov/regulations/07-08-inland-fish-regs.pdf
    Also I don't know what Hesperia lake says but at Irvine no live bait is allowed.
    Be careful, don't get your self in trouble.

3. godsglad8tor

godsglad8tor New Member

State:
    Riverside, CA
    LOL funny you mention not knowing the lake, we arrived at night and the signs there dont help you to get in the park, i bet you we drove 5 miles away from the park looking for the entrance to the lake parking when we drove back to ask someone:angry:, anyways, in the store where you buy your ticket and bait or whatever, they had alot of flathead photos, and they said they have them there and i was like maaaaan, if you do go its better to bring your own bait they are expensive, hey i know the laws about using live bait and transportation from lake to lake, have you heard of anyone having any luck with goldfish, i heard some guy uses them live, illegal as all hell i know, ya i dont wanna get slapped with a fine for anything anyways...

4. whiskers77

whiskers77 New Member

State:
    Southern California
    I have only been to Hesperia lake one time a couple of months ago and like Plumbertom I didn't know the lake at all. My opinion of the lake was that it's way too small and it's way to crowded with people. I went on a weekday and it was wall to wall people. I ended up paying a lot of money to get in the gate and didn't have anything to show for it in the end. I was not impressed at all but I'm sure that others do quite well there. I don't know if I would want to risk using live bait there, just seems the trouble of getting caught would not be worth it. Best of luck to you in your pursuit of flatheads there, I didn't realize they had flatheads in that lake, might be worth another shot.

5. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    keep up the faith Branden, Hesperia is a lot closer than the long run to the colorado river.... I'm with you.... dont like the crowds...so I tend to stay away from places like that in the summer... now fall is another season... hookup with you some time..... bayrunner ray