Lake Havasu Report

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Desrthorn, May 22, 2007.

1. Desrthorn

Desrthorn New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I Recently hit Havasu for some catfishing. Only had a few hours to fish and didn't have time to get the boat ready, so I tried a couple of spots from the bank. Got to the lake about an hour before sundown and fished till dark to catch a few bluegill. Fished the first spot from 8:30 till 10pm without a bite. Moved 20 yrds to the other side of the point and hooked up on a 5lb flattie almost as soon as the bait hit bottom. Landed that fish and got both poles set up..... 10 minutes later got a run on the second pole that ended up being a 6lb flattie. Fished the spot for another hour before moving about a mile down the lake. Got both poles set up and got a good run about 20 minutes later. After a nice fight I landed a 10lb flat. I attached a pic of him. Had to head for home shortly after that. No real bigguns but good action for Havasu. Ive been skunked on flatheads there more than once.

Attached Files:

2. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Great Report and thanks for sharing!

3. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    great report, love to catch the little flatties. they are so cute. Rather have steady action than ONE real big one. Good job