Lake Havasu 4/21

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by AZrivercat, Apr 25, 2006.

1. AZrivercat

AZrivercat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Did well at Havasu last Friday.
    Fished Mesquite bay from the fishing dock with live bluegills from sundown to 1-2am and caught 2 channels, biggest 7lbs. Then I took the last 2 gills that were on my poles and threw them in my cooler to use for cut bait. I went to a spot that I could throw out a couple poles with bells and lay down in the back of my truck. About 3am I caught a 10 lb flathead on the cut gills. Then at about 5am I caught a 12 lb flathead. 2 consecutive pb flatheads in one night (not hard when your pb was 8lbs).

Completely different from what you guys are saying about Bartlett, I hooked up 100%. I'll try to get back this weekend and up my pb another time or two.

Marshall

2. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    good job dude, them smaller flats will go for cut bait, been alomg time since i was on havasu been thinking of going up there some sat. afternoon with my pontoon and fish until sunday morning, dude if ya want we can hook up, up there sometime soon for some fishen. What part of the lake did you get them

3. AZrivercat

AZrivercat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I'd like to get out on the pontoon out there, but give me some notice, cause I just moved back to Prescott and I'm about 3.5 hrs from there now. I will be getting out there occasionaly for work though, so deffinetally let me know when you plan on getting out there.

I caught them off Pittsburg Point (the Island), 1 cove over from Site Six.

4. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    Marshall we,ll for sure put a plan together for that. how far ahead do we need to plan it. Maybe some one else may want to go bluehunter or billy jo maybe in for it, 4+or- shudent be a problem fishen on a lake from a pontoon. myself dont know alot about fishen for flats up there, I would think around the mouth of the bill willams river would be were i would start

5. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    Save a spot for Bert and I! We will jump on a plane!:)

6. Marc_g

Marc_g New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Phil, I believe you'd bicycle to B.F. Egypt if they were catching flatheads:)

Marc G

7. AZrivercat

AZrivercat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I think we should avoid the heat. So either before the end of May, or after mid September. (not that I wouldnt go anytime) Two weeks should be plenty of notice for me.

I know alot of big flats come from down by the damn which is where the Bill Williams flows into Lake. I dont have any experience in that area, but I think its hard to go wrong anywere on Havasu.

8. karodi

karodi Guest

Way to go there Mr Marshall. Thanks for the report. I will be heading to the river in the next few weeks. I'm just waiting on my boat. I'm will heading south of riverbud about 25 to 30 miles for one trip and then i'm going down to fish yuma area one weekend. I will hit you up when i going up towards your way or we can meet up near Dale's place. Keep up that fishing and slang alittle stink too. Keith

What's up fellas lets get together again soon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!