Lake Hartwell Tomorrow Night

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by flathead22, Jul 18, 2006.

1. flathead22

flathead22 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    I am going to take a friend catfishing on Hartwell tomorrow night from about 6pm to 12am. I probably will buy herring at Portman Shoals and let out there. Are there any good spots where flatties and blues are biting near the landing? How deep are the fish? What baits are working best right now? Any info would be greatly appreciated!!!!

2. flathead22

flathead22 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    hey, guys, I was looking at my map of Hartwell specifically in the area of 12 mile creek and wanted to find out if anyone could tell me about catfishing on the little river or the keowee river?

3. klemsontigers7

klemsontigers7 New Member

State:
    SC
    i could tell you to buy your bait at the bait shop, they'll give you almost double what you pay for, and they're only $5/dozen, we paid $40 for 8 dozen but they gave us 174 herring, almost 15 dozen, we finished 2nd in the tourney out of 12 mile last weekend and caught our fish in about 25 feet of water

4. flathead22

flathead22 New Member

State:
    south carolina

are you talking about getting the bait at the hunneyhole over on wells hwy??

5. MUDHOLE KID

MUDHOLE KID New Member

State:
    Anderson,S.C.
    The "Bait Shop is on hwy 24 beside the Fruit Punch Cafe.<It's just above Strickland Marine.Good guy runs the place is name is Wayne.His better half has been running it as of late in the evenings.GO THERE for good bait

6. klemsontigers7

klemsontigers7 New Member

State:
    SC
    the hunnyhole closed down, the bait shop is what joey explained, it's about 2 miles east of garretts on hwy 24, toward anderson

7. sairving

sairving New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Good Luck and have a lot of fun!!! May the fish be biting!!!

8. BassCat1

BassCat1 New Member

State:
    SC
    Good Day All - Wanted to pass along that herring are now being sold again at what used to be Easley Marine. For my extreme upstate cat buddies, this may save a little time & GAS:lol: Understand prices are same as Garretts on Hwy. 24. I plan on stopping there on my way to Keowee this weekend. HartwellSC & Trey are killing me with all this catfish talk:smile2: I have been marking large fish, very deep (45'+), just before you take the last two turns going to the dam. There is sort of a "V" shape from the river run. I think those Big Blues are hanging out down there and picking-up some of the "chum" the turbines spit out.

I'm taking my canoe, so if anyone see's me being pulled down the lake, you'll know I hooked a Big'un. I really want a cooler full of eaters!

Good Luck & Be Safe!