Lake Hartwell Tail Gate Style!

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by droptine77, Dec 9, 2007.

1. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    Well I didn't have the luck Ron and Tommy did but I still had a good time. Most of you know that my floating terd hasn't been floating and running too well here lately but I just had to get out there with this warm weather. I decided to just grab a few rods a dozen herring and go fish from the bank. 1st spot didn't produce so I moved to a boat ramp not far away. I backed the truck all the way down untill the back tires were in the water. I threw out and put the rods into the holes in the back of the bed. After a few minutes I managed a small channel and thats when things got real interesting. I didn't think anything was gonna happen when all of a sudden a rod loaded up! A 13lb blue! I'm freaking out because this ain't supposed to be happening. After I get the rod threw back out I reach threw the slideing glass window to crank the truck to keep the battery from dying and as I finally get backed out I turn around and My other rod is loaded up and the fish is just thrashing on the surface! After a brief battle I have a 21lb blue in the bed of the truck!! I know some of you are already calling me out so I had to call Ladykatkiller to bring the camera and the scale. A good wife she is! While I am waiting on her to show up a boat comes into load up so I had move. I only got one more channel after they left but it was an awesome experiance. What makes it great is that as soon as the sinker hit the water it was on bottom so it could only have been about 5 or 6ft deep. I also can't help but wonder what would have happened if that pontoon hadn't come up.

Attached Files:

2. WillyMan

WillyMan New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Now is that a Chevy, Dodge or Ford? I gotta get me one of those...... Keep on catching them. Nice deal!:cool2:

3. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Greg, that's a super report, my friend. Not everyone has a day like that from the bank. It really would have been interesting to see what you'd have done if that pontoon hadn't shown up. I had a fishing truck once, but it didn't produce as well as yours does. I used to love fishing from the bank years ago, even though I also owned a boat. :smile2:

4. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Nice going, Greg - it's really tough to get them bigguns from the bank!!

5. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Dang it boy, that's the way to do it Greg !!. That's what I'm tryin to get into ; ) I agree it sure was nice out there, water was like glass. I got on the water around 5pm and had one friend come visit me for about 2 hours then as soon as he left Steve aka , Bambu came out. Had us a little fire goin to dry up the dew. By 1am or so I got to hungry and called it a night, LOL.

Thanks for the pic's, great job !

-Jim-

6. catchaser1

catchaser1 New Member

State:
    Anderson S.C.
    congats on some quick catfishin action

7. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    Nice fish Droptine. We needed those on Norman today-real bad.

8. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    nice job greg!!...that's some serious bank smackin right there!!...next time you will have to tell the pontoon that the ramp is closed temporarily for a few hours:smile2:

9. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Greg. that's some serious Smackdown brother. Congrads my friend and thanks for sharing:wink:

10. ga_sportsman

ga_sportsman New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I live about 5 miles from Hartwell.Where is some good places to fish from the bank now the water is down?

11. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Lee

You might want to post what area you are fishing on the lake. I fish a lot of the 12 mile area and haven't done well for awhile now. I myself don't know much on the Georgia side, sorry. Starting your own "thread" might be better for you also. G'luck and if you need anything else feel free to ask away.

-Jim-

12. ga_sportsman

ga_sportsman New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I am not far from the dam but if I have to drive to the upper I will.

13. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    Try the Smith Mcgee bridge on Russell not far below Hartwell dam. We used to catch Channels off the bridge.

14. ga_sportsman

ga_sportsman New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I know there are alot of water in Russel.It has been a while since I fished there.