Lake Hartwell, SC

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by matt, Nov 4, 2006.

1. matt

matt New Member

State:
    Anderson SC
    me and my friend have been fishing lake hartwell latley and every time we whent we cought at least 10 or more by our selfs last week i whent i hung a freaking monster i got it in half way the it turn around and broke 30 pound cajun red like it was 1 pound test and i had my drag set so i dont know what whent wrong and the fish did not break my knot so dont know what whent wrong again then that night i cought a 10 pound carp we had some good luck

2. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Matt - don't you hate it when that happens :0a15: What part of Hartwell were you fishin', and what were you using for bait?

3. matt

matt New Member

State:
    Anderson SC
    we had every thing chicken liver, shad, night cralers, red worms but they was hittin on night crawlers that what i got the bite that broke 30 pound cajun red line the spot was near the double briges dont know the name of the spot lol

4. SC Hartwell

SC Hartwell New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    Are you talking about the spot where the train bridge is and the automobile bridge? I have done well around there.

5. Stlnifr

Stlnifr New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I didn't know the big boys would go for night crawelers.

6. ClemsonTiger

ClemsonTiger New Member

State:
    Clemson, South Carolina
    I always have good luck with night crawlers

7. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Maybe I better start using nightclawers more.

8. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Sometimes the big boys fins can be just enough to cut the line, especially if the line happens to wrap around them. Thats one of the reasons why its good to keep a tight line when fighting them. 30 pound just do not pop like that and it should not unless there was some kind of defect in the line like frailed line or abrasion due to rubbing against structure.