Lake Hartwell report 5-1-07

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by foothills, May 1, 2007.

1. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    i fished the 12 mile creek area this morning below the first train trussel on the left as you come out of the boat ramp area and before i could get my last rod baited and set i had a rod go down...boated a 7.2 lb striper that thought he was a 20lber the way he fought...lot of fun pullin him in...about 30 minutes later i landed a blue that was barely 2 lbs...sat there anchored the rest of the morning with just 2 other hits...finally at 11:00 i had a rod go down and landed a 24 lb blue...he did not fight much until he got near the boat and then just kept diving straight down every time i tried to net him...this is one of those days i wished i owned a digital camera...as soon as i get my new depth finder payed off that will be my next purchase so i can start posting some pics...anyway thank the good lord i caught those gizzard shad yesterday at greenwood cause that is the only bait that got hit...i fished 2 rods with live crappie and white perch on them in hopes of getting a flathead but no takers...also used shrimp, threadfins, and cut white perch and no hits on any of it.

2. weathermantrey

weathermantrey New Member

State:
    central,sc
    Hey foothills, I saw you out there this morning. I came from up 12 mile turkey hunting at about 8:30. I was in a bass tracker. I thought to myself that you might by chris's friend since you were fishing right there. If i had known it was you i would have stopped and seen how you were doing. Glad to hear you landed a monster this morning. It sure was pretty out on the water.

3. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Yeah he even calls people While there at work and rubs it in.:big_smile: It was a good fish though.You gone have to show me this new spot Craig.

4. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    i only saw about 6 boats, a jet ski, and a huge barge looking thing go by me this morning...not sure which boat was you...i can't remember a day that the water was so calm as it was today...makes it all worth gettin up early don't it

5. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    i just wanted you to think about something other than work chris...i'll show you the new spot but you gotta wear a blind fold until we get there:lol: i anchored in 40 feet and fished in 45 to 55 feet and it's below the trussel...that's all you get:wink:

6. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    If I was fishing your hole hole and caught a nice one I would call and rub it in also.:lol: