Lake Hartwell Report 10-9-07

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by foothills, Oct 9, 2007.

1. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    put in at 12 mile creek this morning and started fishing at 6:45 am...the fish were biting fairly steady up to about 9:30 or so but a lot of the bites were one hit wonders that did not pull the rod down...i caught 1 channel about 2 lbs and 2 blues with the biggest wieghing in at 10 lbs 2 oz...i did have 2 other fish on that i lost on the way to the boat that felt like they might be in the 10 lb range but it's hard to tell...beautiful day to be on the water though and lord knows i needed a day like this after yesterdays disaster at greenwood...and by the way...the ramp at 12 mile is still in real good shape as far as the water level is concerned...i used the right side (if your looking at the ramp) and had no problems...it will test your skills of backing up a trailer though cause it's a long way untill you get to the water.

2. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Glad ya had a good day. I know ya needed it after that mess on Greenwood.

3. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Craig, I think that anytime you get into fish at Hartwell it's a success, as I've had more skunks there than any one man would care to admit. Congrats :big_smile:

4. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    i agree pat...i just don't spend enough time over there to know the where's and what's of things and i should cause it's closer than any other lake i go to.

5. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Burrrrr, its gonna get cool out there this weekend. I was wondering who else was gonna give it a shot. I've been splitting wood all day so I'm ready. Kids want to go and have been warned so its a go. They will be ok, they go to sleep in there sleeping bags and the dog will crawl in between them.

6. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    not me cause i'm working all weekend but hold onto your hat cause a strong cold front will without a doubt bring a lot of wind with it...make sure y'all take the extra heavy anchors with ya this weekend.:wink: