Lake Hartwell or Wateree - Which is the best bet??

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by tnfishman, May 9, 2007.

1. tnfishman

tnfishman New Member

State:
    tennessee
    Within the next two weeks which lake would be the best bet to catch some catfish on, Hartwell or Wateree. Am coming from out of state and need some info.

2. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    some good cats being caught now in wateree,especially in the river run,have seen several nice ones come out lately and heard of many,many more,cant speak of hartwell,i have never fished there,would like to get there soon,i know some good ones was caught during the cabelas king cat,maybe some of the other guys can help you with a report from there

3. Indigo Flats

Indigo Flats New Member

State:
    Lancaster,
    Wateree is much smaller and easier to find your way around. Cats are biting.

4. weathermantrey

weathermantrey New Member

State:
    central,sc
    Right now is prime time for us on hartwell. I've caught my biggest flatheads for 3 straight years during the end of May. If you wanna go after some flatheads now is the perfect time on hartwell.

5. tnfishman

tnfishman New Member

State:
    tennessee
    What is the best bait to use and where can you find a nice motel near the lake or river?

6. SC Hartwell

SC Hartwell New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    Wateree is much more easy to fish, but I prefer Hartwell since I am starting to find some good holes!