Lake Hartwell Fishing / Catfishing

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by flatheadhunterx, Mar 15, 2007.

1. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    anybody fish today was mighty windy out.

2. SC Hartwell

SC Hartwell New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    Tell you the truth, I am going to wait for it to warm up :big_smile: ! Tired of wasting my time.... haven't really gotten to fish on Hartwell in the summer, that is in a boat. I can't wait for summer!

3. MUDHOLE KID

MUDHOLE KID New Member

State:
    Anderson,S.C.
    Me and Brad fished today, it was slow, we really didn't do what we had planned to due to the wind. We caught a couple,one so-so good flathead. They're starting to move and move in and out, it's a waiting game right know.They're fixing to go mad

4. MUDHOLE KID

MUDHOLE KID New Member

State:
    Anderson,S.C.
    " I've tried that. No one answers......" Brad me and Cody went out today and caught 16 crappie in about an hour. They were nice ones too .

5. Mossy Balls

Mossy Balls New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    why nobody telling fishing stories I want to see some pics of some fish any kind!!!!!!!!!:big_smile: :big_smile: :big_smile: :big_smile: :big_smile:

6. Mossy Balls

Mossy Balls New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    brad invited me last week to go fising and then got excited about going with a massive caliber fisherman like him and got let down!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. flatheadhunterx

State:
    South Carolina
    i dont suppose anybody is fishing, I am gonna give it a shot sat night.

8. CatManDrew

CatManDrew New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    i fish with weathermantrey a good bit but we havent done much fishing in hartwell yet. We just got back from santee so we'll be heading out there pretty soon. We'll keep you posted. Let us know how you do.

9. catchaser1

catchaser1 New Member

State:
    Anderson S.C.
    welcome to the Boc, Drew. I think I remember you fishing with Trey some last summer.

10. SC Hartwell

SC Hartwell New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    Was up dude! I am going to be up at Clemson next year. Let us know how you do.

I was going to go tonight but decide to dig a bait pond with the New Holland. I wonder if the cats are bitting right now?

11. catchaser1

catchaser1 New Member

State:
    Anderson S.C.
    Managed to catch a few today, all in 10' or less of water around twin lakes area. Caught one flathead about 12 lbs, so it was worth the trip, cause I love the flatheads. Water temp was 67 when we left around 2:30 pm

12. flatheadhunterx

State:
    South Carolina
    Brad i went last night to 12 mile water was 69 to 71 depending on where i was caught 26 crappie and 1 flattie bout 4 lbs that took a small minnow. all fish were caught after midnight in water less than 4 ft. largest crappie was almost 2 lbs.

13. stuckinthehole3

stuckinthehole3 New Member

State:
    SC
    ill try to get out on saturday probably to 18 mile creek. anyone had any luck there?

14. ClemsonTiger

ClemsonTiger New Member

State:
    Clemson, South Carolina
    I've had a lot of luck there around bends and drop offs. 18 Mile creek has a lot of good structure too. I've caught some big turtles there also. Jason what year are you here at Clemson?

15. stuckinthehole3

stuckinthehole3 New Member

State:
    SC
    Im a freshman. wut about u?

16. weathermantrey

weathermantrey New Member

State:
    central,sc
    I'm gonna give it a shot this saturday night for some flatheads, i'll let yall know how it goes.

17. SC Hartwell

SC Hartwell New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    I am going to be a freshmen at Clemson Next year! I may go sometime this weekend, if anybody needs a fishing partner this weekend... give me a holler. I might to take my boat sometime next week, supposed to be a little warmer :smile2: ! I wonder if there would be any good cats below Isaqueena dam right now? I think this time last year I was catching them pretty good from the bank with stink bait.

18. CatManDrew

CatManDrew New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    what are some good places to anchor to catch stripers? we're planning on going out this weekend and putting a light out at cherries crossing to catch some crappie and hopefully find some flatheads and stripers, too. Anyone know of some good/better spots?

19. flatheadhunterx

State:
    South Carolina
    you may try under martins creek bridge there has been alot of stripers caught in martins creek the past 2 weeks. but i would try to get there before dark you couldnt get through that bridge this past sat. night it was packed. the bridge beside the train track there at the stevens plant is also a good place to striper and crappie fish but that is usually right after the spawn you may have luck there but it may be alittle early yet.

20. SC Hartwell

SC Hartwell New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    I saw someone at that train bridge about 2 weeks ago, they had about 4 flood lights in the water with a loud generator. Maybe we should take our, 8500 watt generator out there! :lol: !