lake hartwell drawdown

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Bambu, Aug 15, 2008.

1. Bambu

Bambu New Member

State:
    S.C.
    been hearing talk of hartwell being lowered 10 to 20ft, anyone know anything about this?:confused2:

2. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I read 7/10 of a ft a week beginning the first week is sept. possibly as much as 20 ft. has to do with clark hill maintaining a certian level.

3. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    Thats crazy!:confused2: Guess I'll be buying a Jon boat when ever the insurance company settles. Are they saying 10 to 20 more than now? Its 13.5ft below full pool now.

4. flatheadhunterx

State:
    South Carolina
    its not looking to good for hartwell, I found this elsewhere but thought you guys may like to see it.
    A recent article this week in the Augusta (GA) Chronicle newspaper explained it like this; At 315msl Clark Hill has only a 3 ft pool to maitain the minimum required flow rate in the Sav. River below CH dam; At 15 ft below normal pool in Hartwell there is still a 20 ft pool to draw from, therefore the plan is to drop Hartwell approx. 5ft to every 3/4 ft. drop in /Clark Hill and of, course Russell will remain basically unchanged, as usual!! This just means CH will drop at a slower (much) rate than Hartwell. We here at CH will receive no perceivable advantage as the Corps will conttinue to run the pumpbacks and generate through CH dam.

5. Bambu

Bambu New Member

State:
    S.C.
    yeah striperboard was the first place i seen it in print, just rumors before that

6. flatheadsalyer1

flatheadsalyer1 New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    Things keep going like they are, we are not gonna have anything other than a mud puddle in hartwell. Bad News!!

7. crclhuk1

crclhuk1 New Member

State:
    Central, SC
    heard from a friend that has a home on hartwell--- received a letter from the corp of eng. stating that if the pool level dropped between the 19 to 20 foot level they would consider closing the lake to the public due tto the dangers and hazards that come with low water levels. guess we'll have to wait and see! May have to consider fishing Russell or start fishing from the banks of hartwell( not many places you can't reach with the help of a four wheeler; ha ha ha :cool2::cool2::cool2:)

8. flatheadhunterx

State:
    South Carolina
    they prob wouldnt have to worry about that cause you prob couldnt launch a boat anywhere on the lake.

9. MUDHOLE KID

MUDHOLE KID New Member

State:
    Anderson,S.C.
    I don't know if they can shut it down completely , but if they do they'll find me in my little johnny with 12 rods over the rails. I can find a place to ditch it. I'll try the old boys out just to see if way they say holds water. The best part of the fishing season is just getting ready to start. I'll push my luck.