Lake Hartwell drawdown

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by flatheadhunterx, Apr 2, 2006.

1. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I just read that the corp. of engineers plans on drawing hartwell down 45 feet to work on the dam. this will begin first wk of may and be down by august. it says that it will take 9 to 12 months to repair. anybody else heard of this. or is this a late april fools joke?

2. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Thats about goofy. The lake was low for several years because of the drought, it finally starts to heal from that and now they want to lower it. Thats just plain goofy.

3. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Where did you read that? Was it a reliable source? I haven't heard of it, either, but you never know.

4. flatheadhunterx

State:
    South Carolina
    just got the word that it was a bad april fool joke was convincing cause it came from a reliable person. had me worried cause they drawed murrey down a good bit. so anything is possible

5. MUDHOLE KID

MUDHOLE KID New Member

State:
    Anderson,S.C.
    I was fixing to question your info there bro,glad you came back with it.Hey they do plan a draw down though if they haven't already did it.Something about a spawn up in the shavanna river.They need more water flow.

6. weathermantrey

weathermantrey New Member

State:
    central,sc
    There's several endangered species of suckers behind the lock in augusta, the variation in waterflow messes plays heck on there spawning beds and what not. Probably has something to do with that.

7. flatheadhunterx

State:
    South Carolina
    i been wanting to go fish there for the past two weeks. try for some stripers and american shad. heard it should be wide open by this weekend.

8. flatheadhunterx

State:
    South Carolina
    i know they drew it down a ft the monday after the king kat tourny but thats all i now about.