Lake Hartwell 8/15

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by droptine77, Aug 16, 2007.

1. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    Had a great night last on Hartwell. I have been eyeballing a new spot and decided to give it a shot Tuesday night. As soon as all rods were out started getting bites and catching small channels. Had some good runs but nothing major. Went back to same spot last night about a half hour before dark. Started catching smaller channels and blues in the 2 to 4lb range. Once it got good and dark the big girls came out to play. I would be taking a smaller fish off a hook and have a rod loaded up about to come out the rod holder. Set the hook and could feel a heavy fish on the other end for only about 5 or 6 secounds and the hook would just come out. This happened several times and I did land some medium size fish, biggest weighing 12lbs. I had more oppertunities last night at big fish than I have in a long time. Felt so good!! Another thing if you guys aren't using glow sticks on the end of your rods at night you are missing a Kick a$$ site to watch the glow stick dive to the water when a big fish loads the rod up! Btw don't be lusting at my pic if I knew i was going to catch a fish I would have done something to my hair!lol

Attached Files:

2. Beaufort

Beaufort Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Good trip looks like u found a good hole.

3. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Glad you found some.

I tell you they aint nothin like watchin a neon show, thats the only way I fish at night.

4. duc dowg

duc dowg New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Nice fish. Looks like you might be on to em.

5. catchaser1

catchaser1 Active Member

State:
    Anderson S.C.
    Now where was this at? :wink: lol

6. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Way to go , Greg! Catchin' is always more fun than just fishin'...