Lake Hartwell 6/14

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by droptine77, Jun 14, 2007.

1. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    Tried fishing during the heat of the day and didn't fair to well. Did manage one 8lb blue and two smaller channels. Did get a 5lb largemouth on cut herring! That was a first for me. Has been a good week and it seems the storms got the fish stirred up after dark. Now that the spawn is about completely over the bite has gotten real good. Do any of you guys pay any attention to the peak activity times given by some lunar tables. I don't think I am allowed to name the magizene that i got my info from but it gives scores and today was a 98 out of 100!!! They should have been jumping in the boat!

Attached Files:

2. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    At least you got out on the water, Greg :big_smile: Thanks for the report.

3. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    i caught a large mouth driftin blue backs last fall at greenwood...that was the first time and so far the last time that has happened to me.

4. catch & release

catch & release New Member

State:
    SC
    While fishing with herring at Santee over the years I've managed to catch a 1 pound shellcracker, a 6' watersnake, and full grown bullfrog. That that came with many hours of soaking baits. I thoroughly understand the shellcracker and the watersnake, but if you can explain how or why I caught a bullfrog I'd love to here your answer

5. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I caught a 1 1/2 lb crappie up tugaloo river bout 3 yrs ago on cut bait on the bottom in 28 ft of water that shocked me cause I always thought they fed up not down. guess they take what they can get if hungry enough.

6. SC Hartwell

SC Hartwell New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    What section of the river were you fishing. I don't recognize that bridge.

7. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    23 mile creek or three and twenty what ever you'd like to call it.

8. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    Some where on here I read where someone caught a frog on a bass lure!!