Lake Hartwell 10/15

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by droptine77, Oct 13, 2007.

1. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    Had a good night tonight. Fish didn't start biting untill dark but they stayed consistant up untill about 11pm. Mostly flatheads biggest coming in at 22lbs one at 12, a couple around 5. A couple blues around 7lbs and a couple small channels. Everytime we would decide to leave the spot we were at we would have a rod load up. First time I was already reeling in a rod when my down rod loaded up. I set the hook only to feel it for about 5 sec when the line broke.:angry: Nice fish must have had a nick in the line! The fish were still biting good at 11pm but the trip quickly came to a halt when I noticed the boat was taking on water!!!! :embarassed: Not sure whats going on but I will find out. Other than the LEAK it was a great night to be on the water. Cool, clear and biting fish. I love this time of year!

2. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Glad to see that you were into some fish, and hope that your leak is not a major one :eek:oooh:

3. catchaser1

catchaser1 New Member

State:
    Anderson S.C.
    sounds like a good night, which end of the lake were you on?

4. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    The upper end:big_smile: I don't know what I was thinking but I guess the date should say10/12 not 10/15.

5. SC Hartwell

SC Hartwell New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    Congrats on the catches.... I'm hoping we are going to turn up some fish tonight.

6. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    well it ain't the james:big_smile: but other than the leak it sounds like y'all had a good night...congrats!!