Lake Greeson

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by vetrock, Jan 4, 2009.

1. vetrock

vetrock New Member

State:
    ar
    My church is having a Men's Retreat in Glen Rose at the end of April. Part of the activity will be fishing this lake.

Any pointers? I am in charge of the retreat, and would like to get these guys on some fish. There is a guide there, but he is too pricey for most of the men going.

Catfish, crappie, anything really. Any help is appreciated.

Vet

2. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    ive never done real good fishing the lake but if you go up to where the river and lake meet you can catch just about any kind of fish there.

3. vetrock

vetrock New Member

State:
    ar
    We will be at Glenwood, not Glen Rose. Sorry.

There is a guide that fishes this lake. Any experience with him?

4. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Rocky, wish i could help. But, been aiming to fish Greeson myself but have not got around to it. I mainly fish Degray and Ouachita(Lake and River).

5. poisonpits

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    im sorry rocky i was thinking bout degray lake.bass fishing ive done real good up self creek.when you put in at self creek landing go under the bridge and as far back as you can go.theres a rock bluff on the right thats good and to the left theres a shallow bar with lots of stick ups thats good early morning and late after noon.in the middle of the bay out from the rock bluff theres a bunch of logs thats just under water you should be able to see them if water is not to high.4 inch zoom centipede in mellon pepper or baby brush hog in mellon pepper or gourd green are good baits to throw.fishing the shallow stick ups and lay downs id fish a white and charteruse number 5 willow leaf spinner bait.crappie should be good in the same area using small jigs or live minnows.good luck and happy fishing.

6. vetrock

vetrock New Member

State:
    ar
    Thanks a ton!!! What about a trotline? Any suggestion as to where to put a couple? We are going to try to catch enough fish to feed the whole crew (wishful thinking perhaps). There will be a handful of us fishing, but most will be golfing instead. We may have as many as 30 men to feed.

7. poisonpits

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    rocky just after you go under the hyway bridge at self creek turn right there should be some bushes along the rip rap lineing the hyway.set your lines out about four or 5 foot off the bank.run paralel to the bank and stretch your lines as tight as you can just under the water.run them just before daylight and pick them up.the bass fishermen will get hung on them and possible cut them if you leave them out during daylight hours.if you will post the date your going to be there ill try and meet you there and give you a helping hand.o by the way use live bait on one hook and cut bait on the other.perch or blue gill is the best.that way your targeting blues and flatheads.

8. vetrock

vetrock New Member

State:
    ar
    Again, thanks a ton. It will be mid-april. When it gets closer to time, and it is a sure thing I will be there with my boat, I'll let you know.

Thanks for your offer. Maybe it will work out.