Lake Greeson Advice

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by libertyfisher, Oct 6, 2009.

1. libertyfisher

libertyfisher New Member

State:
    Missouri
    My son and I plan to spend the week of October 12th on Lake Greeson. We have never been there before. The main purpose of the trip is crappie, but we'll probably take some jugs and trot lines along and try for cats that way unless the crappie keep us awfully busy. Plan to camp at Daisy State Park unless the weather is bad, in which case we'll stay at one of the motels.

We mostly fish Missouri but thought we would try something different for a Fall trip this year.

Any advice from guys that know Greeson would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

2. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    i've never fished greeson myself but hear that it is a beautiful lake. a whole week on the lake sure sounds like fun. i do like crappie fishing, and if it were me i'd fish the river channel off hwy 70. i've heard that this is the place to fish. good luck with the fishing and hope the weather cooperates.

3. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    I wish I could help you. We both could benefit from this thread. I thought about having a gathering on the lake before. I can tell you it is a beutiful lake and looks to have a some good places for cats on it. let me know how well you do. If i can manage to get over there while your there, I will.

4. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    ive never fished the lake just for crappie but up self creek is a good place to try for bass and cats.another thing you can try is fishing the main lake points and rock bluffs with a jig and minner combo.theres a good waleye population in the lake also.

5. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    ps theres a bait store there in daisy and the owner is a guide on the lake.he dont mind giving out good info so might pay to talk to him to.

6. libertyfisher

libertyfisher New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks to all who replied. Cntryboy (or any of you) if you get the chance to make it over we will be in a bright red 1999 GMC Suburban and a 20' Xpress Jon w a 90 hp Merc.