Lake Greenwood

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by chrisblue, Dec 20, 2005.

1. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    I now live on lake greenwood so I'm going to start fishing it more often.I went this past Sunday started fishing for stripers caught a few small ones I had so many small ones hit that they killed all my herring so I anchored down and started catfishing and caught one and one broke me off in some brush.It was a 5lb channel but I had those 2 fish on and 2 other bites within about 30 minutes so I'm ready to go try it again.Alot of people catch channel cats through the winter while theyre jigging spoons off the bottem for stripes and prech but knowbody fishes cut bait for them so maybe what I'm doing will work.Is anybody else fished Greenwood lately.

2. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Chris, I just moved to Greenville and would like to learn how to fish Lake Greenwood both for cats and for stripers. Any info that you could provide, like locations and techniques that worked well for you, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

3. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    They've stocked Greenwood with Stripers since 1970 so they are there but cats are harder to come by.

4. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Patman the upper part of Greenwood has a little more catfish especially where the Reedy and Saluda come together.The lower part is better for stripers around Goat Island and state park on down to the dam.You can fish for striper any way you want some people chase the birds and throw artificials and some use live bait down rods, planer boards the choice is yours.The only place to get herring around Lake Greenwood is 702 Bait and tackle near the state park.As far as catfish this time of year I would anchor down fish with cut bait thats what has worked with me 15 to 30 feet deep I cant really find many fish deeper than 30 feet.

5. Patmansc

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Thanks, Chrisblue. I'm gonna be back on the 2nd and plane to hit Greenwood at least twice before I go back to Denver on the 16th (i'm the process of closing my practice down). I'll let you know when I'm heading out your way in case you can break free. Hope you have a merry Christmas and get your boat fixed quickly.

6. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    I think I got my boat fixed it was just a lose fitting I hope.I'm going to greenwood later today and Clark Hill tommorow.Catfish in Greenwood stripes at the Hill I'll post back tommorow.I guess knowbodys supposed to talk about tournaments because the thread I made disappeared somebody let me know if thats the case.

7. Patmansc

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Good luck, CB! I'm planning to hit Hartwell early next week, but if you tear 'em up on Greenwood I'll change plans. Knock 'em dead!