Lake Greenwood

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by chrisblue, Oct 5, 2005.

1. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    I figured I would put Lake Greenwood up here since it wasnt up here.I havent done any catfishing there but one of my fishing buddies has caught 10 flatheads over 20lbs right where the saluda runs into the lake since July.His biggest is 40lbs.There has been a few pictures in the local newspaper of some big ones one was 52lbs.Its funny how there never was any flatheads caught here but all of a sudden the past 2 years they started showing up.

2. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    That sounds good, Chrisblue. I'm not familiar with the fishing in Greenwood, but sounds like it might be pretty good. I assume you live in that area. Have you ever fished there?

3. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Yeah Tommy I live in Greenwood and I normally fish Greenwood more but right now there biting to good at Monticello and I fished tournements in Santee alot this year so I just havent had time to fish it much.

4. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    So far I haven't been able to fish any good cats on Greenwood but I haven't fished that far up it either. I guess when I get my motor fixed I give it a try. Thanks for the info Chris.