Lake Greenwood

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by ut1trey, Dec 22, 2009.

1. ut1trey

ut1trey New Member

State:
    Knoxville TN
    My dad lives on Lake Greenwood, and I will be visiting him over New Years, fishing on the 1st and 2nd. Has anyone been catching anything here and does anyone have any tips for this lake? Bait to use, good locations, or anything of that nature, would be greatly appreciated.

2. The Penn Slammer

The Penn Slammer New Member

State:
    Princeton, West
    What are you wanting to catch. I have caught lots of bass and crappie there this time of year but struggled with the cats.

3. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Pop Pop ought to know the info on Greenwood as that is his home lake. I suspect he'll be along shortly with the low down. I'm relatively sure you can fill your boat up with nice channels in there this time of year.

BB in SC

4. ut1trey

ut1trey New Member

State:
    Knoxville TN
    I would like cats, I hear it's a good lake for channels, but I will fish for whatever is biting.

5. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Trey, The lake is a pretty good channel cat fishery. You can catch'em on shrimp and Thread fin shad. Anchoring can give you your best chance at a channel over 10 lbs here, and drifting could give you more numbers.

As for location, give me a PM before you go when ya get here. I'll help if I can.

Pop Pop

6. ut1trey

ut1trey New Member

State:
    Knoxville TN
    Thanks for the info. Are there many big cats in there? I saw a few guys grabbling (or whatever the term is for catching cats by hand) and they had 2 pretty decent cats. This was a couple of years ago in late May. In fact, I saw them pull one out from my dad's boat ramp. It was the smaller of the two. Here's a pic of the bigger one.

Attached Files:

7. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    There are some flatheads in there, and the blues are very very few. Its pretty much channel cat dominate.