Lake Greenwood Smackfest!

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by pop pop, Jul 31, 2008.

1. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    My good buddy Patmansc and I fished Greenwood today for mighty channels.:big_smile: We braved white cap conditions and blazing heat:eek:oooh: as it was unbelievably hot today. We fished from 9 to 4 and ended with 32 nice channels. All the cats but 2 were safely released. Pat's lovely wife Ms. Maggie {who also sends Pop Pop cakes:big_smile:} decided she wanted some fried catfish for supper and 2 would do. We used bream, perch and Pat caught a few on the Lucky Shrimp.:eek:oooh: We scoured the lake again and caught fish everywhere as they were just turned on today:big_smile:.
    We hated leaving 'em biting, but we couldn't take the heat any longer.

2. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    Now thats a SMACKDOWN! Congrats!

3. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    I hear ya SmackDaddy:wink:Way to go

4. bigcatman0001

bigcatman0001 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    nice fishin

5. steve_b124

steve_b124 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Hey Poppop,
    Would that be Pat's magic "marinated" shrimp? :wink: Were they the arm pit variety or the sat on variety?:smile2:

6. flatheadsalyer1

flatheadsalyer1 New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    Thats what I call a heck of a day on the water!! Great job on a great day fishing!!:big_smile:

7. Chalk

Chalk New Member

State:
    Union, South Carolina
    good job guess I'm going to have to come down that way and try my luck on Greenwood.:wink: You guys really wearing them out, don't give them all the sore mouth before I get a chance.

8. dust777man

dust777man New Member

State:
    SC
    Man what a great day on the water for you two. Congrats on the catch and braving the heat!

9. dust777man

dust777man New Member

State:
    SC
    Where you drifting or anchored?

10. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Dusty, We did a little of both:big_smile:.

11. QBQ

QBQ New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Great day.Thanks for the report

12. buster1395

buster1395 New Member

State:
    Abbeville, Sout
    I just arrived at Lake Greenwood state park and I will be camping until August 28th. Any good tips would be appreciated. I tried booking a trip with Chrisblue but I guess he is too busy right now.

13. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Sorry man, I've got some work and family issues goin on right now.My computer also crashed and I lost everything I have including contacts, phone numbers, my password to get back on here and a whole lot of other stuff.I sent you a PM to let you know I misplaced your phone number but hadnt heard back from you.I hate it had to be that way but I'm just a human too.I didnt mean anything by it.I'm not that way, I've just been a little overwhelmed lately.

Send Pop Pop a PM and he'll get you on the right track to catchin some Greenwood channels.

14. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    10-4 Chris, He sent me a PM and and a Phone #. I informed him of the issues you mentioned and encouraged him to rebook a trip later on and that you can teach him lots of about catfishing and that your plate is running over right now. :wink:
    He wanted to know about Perch, so I gave him 2 sabiki rigs and told him where to find them. I also gave him some advise and target water for cats.

Your buddy
    Pop Pop

15. buster1395

buster1395 New Member

State:
    Abbeville, Sout
    Yeah no problem Chris I understand you are busy now, I guess thats a good thing for the pocket right. We'll get together later on and book a trip just shoot me a message when you want to go and I'll be ready. Also pop pop I appreciate the sabiki rigs and the pointers you gave me. I went out today for about an hour just trying to get my pontoon to drift like you said but no matter how I position the socks up front it wants to drift sideways.:angry: Maybe you could ride down and go out with me if you want one day while im here.:wink: