Lake Greenwood Report

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by pop pop, Nov 15, 2009.

1. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    My friend Curt {Deepwater!} and I checked out G-wood this weekend. All we can say is, " what a mess"! It looked like yohoo drink and had trees, stumps, logs and trash everywhere And the bite wasn't much better. 3 bites = 3 cats. Looked to be over full pond and to have gained about 4 or more ft of water. We'll probably fish else where until G-wood can stabilize.

DNR was there trying to find and remove the larger pieces of debris and we thanked them for doing an outstanding job. Here are a few Pics of the G-wood dam releasing water to Murray on Fri. all the flood gates where open.

Attached Files:

2. DamonG

DamonG Member

State:
    South Carolina
    That looks like the Nitrolee dam below Fishing Creek. The water has been flowing there also.That sure is a sight to see.

3. steve_b124

steve_b124 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Nice pics Pop Pop. Sounds like I didn't miss much this weekend. Looks like I may be down 1 more week before I start back fishing:angry:. Saturdays only until Jan. 1st:confused2:.

4. flatheadsalyer1

flatheadsalyer1 New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    PopPop, thanks for the info! It has been a long time since Gwood has been up that much. Hopefully it will stabilize soon. Hope now that things are getting a little better with my parents, I may be able to sneak down that way and do some cattin pretty soon.

5. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    Good pics pop pop. All the winter water will help us this summer. I used to hate all the winter rain until we had the long summer of drought.

6. tony

tony New Member

State:
    lake Murray sc
    those pics are awesome!!! BUTT!!!! thats why Murray looks bad right now also..nasty muddy water!!!!!

7. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Good report, Doug. With all the fresh water we had last week, it doesn't surprise me. The water was rolling in the diversion canal like I have never seen it.

Bill in SC

8. bulldog1

bulldog1 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    pop pop, imet you and sky bird at murry fishing with steve blankinship. i had the sauage biscuits. I want to go to murry friday. how muddy is it? if you can find out please let me know. thanks bulldog1

9. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Hi Butch, Glad ya joined buddy.:big_smile: Murray doesn't look good right now. Like Tony said, Very Muddy!!! I'd give it a little more time to settle down.:wink: I may go to Monty this weekend, G-wood and Murray are in bad shape.:wink: