Lake Greenwood Report 9-24-07

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by foothills, Sep 24, 2007.

1. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    well i guess it's all or nothing for me...went out today and more less re-traced my steps from yesterday only in reverse order...i went directly to where i caught the two 11 lbers and started drifting and only picked up 1 fish which was 2 ounces shy of 8 lbs...that's the only channel i caught in that area...so i moved on and by the end of the day (6 1/2 to 7 hrs of fishing) i ended up landing 1 more channel that might have been 3 lbs and lost 2 others on the way to the boat...on one day and waaaaay off the next...i was marking fish today but they just were not biting...the 2 channels i caught today and the other 2 i had hooked all took bream...yesterday they did not much care...on a good note i came across a huge school of perch and put 14 nice eaters on ice along with a 3 lb largemouth...i had to sift through a lot of small perch to get the eaters...probably caught about 35 or 40 to get 14 good ones...supper gonna be good tomorrow:big_smile:

2. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Foothills, isn't it wierd how these channels do that:eek:oooh:. But sounds like you might of had fun catching bait. Hope your suppers GREAT! :wink:

3. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    pop pop...i ain't sure if it's wierd, frustrating , or both...guess that's why they call it fishin and not catchin.:wink:

4. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    Very nice report. What you post just goes to show the true fickle nature of fishing. They bite when they want too and we can't make 'em if they don't want to.

5. Big Cat Hunter

Big Cat Hunter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Everything I am reading and hearing is leaning more and more toward a late spawn. This has to be why all the fishing has been about the same for everyone. Congrats on the catch of the DD's foothills. At least you are catching them no matter what the circumstances are. It is a whole lot better to catch at least 1 or 2 than none. :smile2:

6. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Guess that if we caught the big ones every trip out in wouldn't be as much fun then, or something :eek:oooh: At least you had a beautiful day on the water, right? (The REALLY big ones are waiting for me to get there on Wednesday!)

7. Big Cat Hunter

Big Cat Hunter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Let me rephrase that. A second spawn that is late in the year.

8. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    patmansc...it was a beautiful day but very hot and i put a second layer to my sun burn from sunday's fishing:embarassed:...and when you go wednesday i would make sure you have some bream with you...it could all change by then but from what i saw on monday that is all they wanted (the few that would bite):confused2: