Lake Greenwood Report 9-23-07

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by foothills, Sep 23, 2007.

1. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    on the water for 6 1/2 hours today with my wife and fished for 5 1/2 hours because it took an hour to get enough bait for the days fishing...man i had a hard time finding bait...managed to get some gizzard shad with the cast net and just a few perch and a couple bream...drifted in 6 to 35 foot of water in 3 different areas of the lake and finally found some fish...ended up with 9 channels...the biggest of the day was dead on 11.0 lbs and also had it's kin wieghing in at 10 lbs 11 oz.(pic)...caught both of them in the same area and had one other nice fish wieghing in at 8 lbs 15 oz...the rest of them were in the 4 to 6 lb range...nice day on the water but the sun had some heat in it even with the breeze out there...kinda felt like august revisited:roll_eyes:

Attached Files:

2. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    Good job Craig. I told you, you seem to be the man to beat here lately for good fish! Have you started thinking about how much you gonna charge....

3. sarSWAMPFOX

sarSWAMPFOX New Member

State:
    Union, South Caroilna
    Good job Craig, glad to see someone is having fun even if it is tough & hot. LOL

4. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Foothills, great catch! I bet those big boys put up a fight:wink:.

Bruce and I burned up from the heat:embarassed:, but managed to catch 9 today as well, but none big as yours. The biggest one was 8.7 lb.:big_smile: Good Job!

5. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Thats some nice DD channels.:smile2:

6. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Nice going, Craig - you're gettin' to be a regular cat hunter! And nice job too, Doug - you guys'r making feel like a gross amateur :tounge_out: I'm going out again on Wednesday, give'r 'nudder try :wink:

7. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina

congrats on the good catch y'all...and oh heck yeah they put up a good fight...no wait i mean a good brawl...the big fish came in steady to the boat but then just feakin bulldogged like crazy right beside the boat...just held onto the rod and had to wear em out...it was real fun watchin my wife struggle with a few of them...by the way did y'all struggle finding bait??

8. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    Nice fish!!! Glad you found the big uns.

9. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Craig, we had no problem with bait. Caught more than enough perch in 20 min, and the fish hammered the bite! I had one 6 pounder, that brawled like he had a 50lb. heart!:big_smile:.He was acting crazy after we netted him.