Lake Greenwood Report 8-8-07

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by foothills, Aug 10, 2007.

1. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    finally made it back to greenwood wednesday...it's been a while since i've fished there so i called chrisblue on tuesday to get some clue of where the fish might be and it turned out he had off wednesday also...so we hooked up and went fishin...got on the lake at 5:00 am and fished a couple spots with no luck...went back in a creek to fish and there were gar everywhere in this creek...i even managed to hook and land my first gar ever but even better we caught 7 channels with 3 in the 6 to 8 lb range and the biggest wieghing in at 10 lb 13 ounces...after the bite slowed down around 10 or so we moved to another area of the lake and drifted until about 1:30 pm...we caught 3 more channels...one of which was heavily scarred and dark blue from the spawn...we also hooked 2 real good fish but lost both of them...just came unhooked...and some how we managed to hook and land a 5 lb 1 ounce large mouth on cut white perch...that don't happen much...even though it was a hot sum beach the fishin wasn't all that bad.

2. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Heres some pictures from Wednesday includeing that 5 lb 1 ounce peice of bait.:smile2:

Attached Files:

3. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    chris...no doubt that bass would have made good bait but i still say it would have made a better sandwhich!!!!!!!!

4. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Sounds like y'all had fun. I'll start back fishing when it cools off enough to where I can catch my breath. How hot is the water on Greenwood?

5. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina

the lake temp was 87 degrees...gets much hotter and you won't need to cook the fish you catch:smile2:

6. Beaufort

Beaufort New Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Nice trip guys yall should of used that bass live for some them big greenwood flatties

7. Cat Lady

Cat Lady New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I know the heat is almost unbearable, but it does help when you reel in some good fish. Glad you had a good day, and thanks for the useful information. SAVE SOME FISH FOR ME!!!! LOL:smile2:

8. Big Cat Hunter

Big Cat Hunter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Great day foothills. Glade that someone is catching them. They tell me that gar makes for a good catfish bait. Has anyone every used it for this?

9. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    So its close to bathwater temps. The oxygen levels are getting low in some of the more shallow lakes and ponds killing fish, thats why I asked about the temps. I know Greenwood has some deeper water but a few years back it was hot enough to kill the striper so I'm a little worried about the other fish now with the drought and the heat.

10. catchaser1

catchaser1 New Member

State:
    Anderson S.C.
    Nice catch, I dont know how you all stood the heat, its all I could do to go at night!

11. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Way to go, Craig & Cap'n Chris! I wuz wonderin' when somebody was gonna get back out on Greenwood. Iz the water way down?

12. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    No its normal pool.