Lake Greenwood Report 8/6/09

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by pop pop, Aug 6, 2009.

1. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    My buddy Patmansc came to the house this morning, We loaded up and hit G-wood for some channel cats. We had an outstanding day of fun and catches. Hardly any breeze and it was super hot. But we toughed it out for 38 nice Smackdowns. Used some of Pats lucky scrimps today for bait. He never leaves home with out them.:wink: We drifted 17 to 20 ft all day. Suface temp 85.8. Seen some long liners wearing out some perch today as well.

2. Slimm

Slimm New Member

State:
    SC
    Awesome day, sounds like a blast! Thanks for the report!

3. Cutbait101

Cutbait101 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Another fine Smackarooney!!!:big_smile::roll_eyes:

4. Redneck in a Skiboat

Redneck in a Skiboat New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Thanks, for the report. What was the size range?

5. flatheadsalyer1

flatheadsalyer1 New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    Pop Pop, if I can ever get time I gotta get down ther with you and Pat. I miss ole G"wood. Glad yall put the smack down on em!

Steve

6. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Guess their bitting now ? , LOL. Nice job guys , thats sure putting it to them ; )

-Jim-

7. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Nice Smackdown Doug and Pat.Thats a great day on the water:big_smile:

8. bone3160

bone3160 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Thanks for the report I live about 5 minute from lake Greenwood.would like to get together sometime.

9. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    This was indeed our best day ever on G-wood! Not just because we caught 38, but these were some mean, ornery kitties. We had one double, one triple, and at one point had 4 fish in a row bam-bam-bam-bam - as soon as we got one in the boat another one hit!!!!! I think that the average size was about 5#, but we had several in the 7# -9# range. I'll bet that we had over 200# in channels today. And we worked our butts off: we caught 14 between 9am and noon, then the rest between 1:30 and 6. It was nice and overcast in the morning, but it was like a blast furnace in the afternnon and we 'bout melted in the heat! At one point I thought that Pop Pop had lost his mind, his eyes was glazed over and he kept saying "my bicycle, my bicycle, I don't remember where I left my bicycle". :eek:oooh::crazy: But after he drank some Gatorade he seemed to get a little better, and I told him that we would look for his bike tomorrow! :smile2:

10. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Look for it tomorrow.....LOL,,,now thats funny ; )

11. FastenalFishing

FastenalFishing New Member

State:
    Boiling Springs, S.C.
    That's great. Thanks for the report.

12. willieb18

willieb18 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Thanks for the report, I need a good day like that on Greenwood.

13. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Way to go Patman and Pop Pop!!!:wink:
    Now Pop Pop, you know good and well that your bike is east of marker 22 right where you left it!!:eek:oooh::smile2::smile2::smile2:

14. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Pop Pop were y'all fishing the upper end, middle or lower end? I'm hoping to go Tuesday evening if I can get away. I'm going to try to get my dad to go with me because he hasn't been on G-Wood in several years. If I can make it down we'll be using a buddy's pontoon because dad's 73 years old and a little wobblely.

15. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Hope your dad has a great trip. Mid to lower lake.:wink:

16. mahcmos

mahcmos New Member

State:
    SC
    I live about 30 or so minutes from Lake Gwood, but I don't think I've ever fished it.

17. Redneck in a Skiboat

Redneck in a Skiboat New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Well did ya'll find the the bicycle today or were ya'll to full from eating catfish to look for it?