Lake Greenwood Report 8-26-07

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by foothills, Aug 26, 2007.

1. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    well i guess i had this day coming to me because the last several times i went to greenwood i faired out pretty well...today was not so good...i managed to put only 2 channels in the boat...the smallest was about 5 lbs and the biggest was 7 lbs 13 oz...i had 2 more fish on but lost them both...i fished from 6 to 25 feet of water drifting cut white perch and threadfins...marked a lot of fish on the finder in a few isolated places but they just would not bite for some reason...guess when i figure that out i can start fishing professional:smile2::roll_eyes::smile2:lake temp was 88 to 89 degrees...wasn't much wind today but plenty of recreational traffic.

2. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Well, Craig, like they say, sometimes there's fishing, and sometimes there's catchin. Looks like you got a little of both today. Thanks for the report :smile2:

3. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Craig, Bruce and I fished this morning. also we couldn't buy a bite...we only had 1 fish and 2 bites all morning until about 12:30...

We then found some stacked fish that would bite and made it better.:big_smile:and ended with 6 channels and 1 was 12.5 lbs.

and by the way, the heat :embarassed:was bad by noon today for me ... all our fish caught on white perch in about 10 to 20 ft.

4. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    glad to hear y'all finally found some fish willing to bite and a 12.5 lber at that!!!!!...super nice fish...that makes dealing with all that heat and boat traffic worth it.

5. krabaholic

krabaholic New Member

State:
    PA
    You were due for one of those days. Still got into two nice fish.