Lake Greenwood report 6-17-07

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by foothills, Jun 17, 2007.

1. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    last time i went to greenwood i had a first in my cast net ( a 4lb carp) and this morning i had another first in my cast...i caught a turtle with a shell about the size of a frisbee and he was not very happy about being in the net...i was going to put him on the bottom of the boat and look him over but he was tying my net in one big knot so i realeased him quickly and he still tore a hole about the size of my fist in my net...the net is still useable i just might lose a few thread fins every now and then...anyway i started out drifting a large flat in 17 to 21 foot of water near the main channel and only got one bite in an hour and 45 minutes so i moved into a creek and fished any where from 5 to 19 foot and caught all my fish in 13 to 14 feet...i boated 6 channels totalling about 33 lbs with the biggest fish wieghing in at 9 lbs 3 oz...used cut white perch and shrimp for bait but only caught one fish on shrimp...the picture is of the biggest fish...i was fishin by myself so i could not hold the fish up so i layed her on the floor and asked her to smile:big_smile:

Attached Files:

2. catchaser1

catchaser1 Active Member

State:
    Anderson S.C.

3. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Not a bad day.She looks a little scratched up.

4. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Good catch dude. I'm heading down tomorrow evening with my daughter. We'll be staying at Lighthouse Landing and fishing around Goat Island area if the thunderstorms don't run us off.

5. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina

i think the scratches are from my line cause she was rolling and popping the line alot during the fight to the boat...man did she pull hard!!!

6. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    good luck and be sure to let us know how you make out...you should be fine with the thunderstorms from what i saw this evening on the news...very minimal chance of one on monday.

7. krabaholic

krabaholic New Member

State:
    PA
  8. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Way to go, Craig. You ever try makin' soup outta them turtles? :roll_eyes:

9. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    thanks pat...i have made soup out of snappin turtles but the turtle i had was no snapper...not sure what kind it was but he sure was mad.