Lake Greenwood report 5/24/07

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by foothills, May 24, 2007.

1. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    got to the boat ramp this morning at 5:50 am and i was behind about 15 bass boats cause they were having a tourny...never would have thought that on a thursday...anyway it took me over an hour to catch enough bait for the day...got a first in my cast net this morning too, a 4lb carp...i knew i had something in there when i started pulling that in...i finally started fishing about 7:30 or so and fished deeper water to start, 15 to 17 foot, only had a couple bites and no hook ups...i moved my operation to shallow water and finally started to catch some fish...fished in 2.5 to 5 foot of water the rest of the day, until about 1:00 pm and ended up with 10 fish, ranging from 3 lbs to 8 lbs...big fish of the day was an 8 lb 8 oz blue cat...that is the first blue that i've caught in greenwood since november of 06 when i was fishing with chrisblue...water temp was 77 degrees in the shallow water and caught the cats drifting on cut gizzard shad and bream.

2. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Good goin Craig.I was standin on a walk board 30 foot in the air when you called to remind me that you where fishin.:big_smile:

3. Beaufort

Beaufort Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Hey craig u didn't try to use that carp for bait. I want to try it one day.

4. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    no...at the time i did not know if it was legal to keep a carp when it's caught in a cast net so i wieghed it and then released it...i need to look in my regulations book and see what they say about it.

5. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    yeah well i'll be working all weekend so i'm sure there will be time for pay back:big_smile:

6. bruce edmunds

bruce edmunds New Member

State:
    southcarolina
    good catch craig, were you fishing up or down the lake?we will have to go fishing sometimes.

7. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Carp are considered non-game fish so they can be kept.

8. krabaholic

krabaholic New Member

State:
    PA
    Nice catch Craig. I bet you though you had the motherlode of bait when you netted that carp

9. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    uplake bruce...i sent you a pm...i thought i saw you out there on thursday...dude looked a lot like you.

10. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    ed i was not sure what i had but i knew i had something for sure...if i would have known i was able to keep it i could of started fishing a lot sooner then i did cause that carp would have been plenty of bait for the day:crazy: