Lake Greenwood Report 4-30-07

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by foothills, Apr 30, 2007.

1. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    It has been a touch over 3 weeks since i have fished greenwood because i fished hartwell the past couple of times i went out and it shows...i only boated 6 channels today with the biggest fish wieghing in at 9 lbs 2 oz...the other fish with the exception of 1 wieghed in the 5 to 6 lb range...i caught 4 of the fish in 3 to 4 feet of water and the other 2 fish were caught in 15 feet...lake temp is up to 74 degrees...i used threadfins, white perch, and shrimp for bait...i finally did managed to net 4 gizzard shad after throwing the cast net about 40 billion times which i will be using at hartwell tomorrow...had better days at greenwood but i guess it could have been worse...i will post hartwell results tomorrow.

2. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Craig your not gonna be able to catch 100 lbs of channels every time you go.:lol: Those fish have spoiled you.:lol:

3. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    They hadnt took over Greenwood yet but it could be comin.

4. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    your right about that:lol: ...i think if i could have caught some gizzards earlier in the day and drifted them along with the other bait i probably would have done a little better...still could have been much worse.

5. Beaufort

Beaufort New Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    The blues are their but I hope they don't hurt that channel population because its probly the best in the state.

6. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    i agree with you on that...if you want channels then greenwood can not be beat...i would'nt mind picking up an occassional blue but not at the cost of losing this amazing channel cat fishery.