Lake Greenwood report 4-13-07

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by foothills, Apr 14, 2007.

1. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    started out this morning on fire!!!...i was only 5 minutes into my first drift and boated my first channel of the day...it was a 4 1/2 lber...15 minutes later i boated my second channel of the day...it was a 13 lb 7 ounce channel...that is my new personal record channel cat...10 minutes later i caught my third channel and it was 7 lb 6 ounces...awesome way to start the day!!!!!!!!!!...HOWEVER...i did not catch another fish for the next hour...not sure why...had a lot of bites but just was not hooking up with them...i caught my first 3 fish in 10 to 12 feet of water on cut perch and the "BI-LO mullet heads"...i drifted over the same water 2 more times and never hooked up again...moved my operation into 3 to 6 feet of water and started catching fish again using cut perch, bream, and "BI-LO mullet"...boated 7 more fish which were all in the 5 to 6 lb range...water was slightly stained and temp ranged from 60.4 to 64.2 degrees...pretty good day for friday the 13th.:big_smile:

2. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Great report. Now I need to fish Greenwood.

3. SC Hartwell

SC Hartwell New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    Just gives me 1 more reason to go to Greenwood! I hope to get down there soon!

4. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Way to go, Craig. You're really gettin' the hang of it.

5. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    thanks pat...it's all i think about anymore...i can't get those mean ole channels outta my mind!!!!