Lake Greenwood Report 3/7

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by foothills, Mar 7, 2007.

1. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    fished greenwood again today and caught 8 channels in 6 to 13 feet of water...all of them but one was in the 3 to 5 lb range and the biggset fish was 10 lb...man he put up a real good fight!!!...lost 2 other fish on the way to the boat...seems like the cats are favoring cut shad over whole baby shad or herring for some reason...i think i could have done better but the wind got up pretty good and screwed me up...i even put out my drift sock and was still drifting to fast...the lake still has a lot of debris floating around and is still very stained...could have been better and could have been worse.

2. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    I think you are becoming one with the channels.Just dont bother that 20 lb channel thats got my name on it, me and him are gone look each other eye to eye this year and he's gone smile for the camera.:big_smile: It seems like you might like this catfishin thing:big_smile: .Did you catch em in the same spot?

3. catfishing365

catfishing365 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Way to go Foothills, I'm glad to hear that you are having better luck that I did this past Sunday. I'll be back this weekend, and I hope I will have better luck then. What does the water look like at the lower end of the lake?

4. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Every square inch looks like a Yoo-Hoo from upper to lower.

5. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina

well chris this "catfishin thing" is quickly becoming a passion and not a hobbie...it's really gettin bad cause i find myself thinkin about it more often than i probably should be and i know my wife is slowly growing tired of hearin about it:lol: yes i caught 5 of the 8 in the same spot as before but the other 3 came from "the other side":big_smile:

6. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina

thanks catfishing365...like chrisblue said...the water is heavily stained from one end to the other...also beware of all the debris that is still floating around especially when the lake gets choppy and you can't see the hazzard floating on the surface until your right on top of it...GOOD LUCK THIS WEEKEND...let us know how you do.

7. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Yeah catfishing will grow on ya quick.