Lake Greenwood Report 11-4-07

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by foothills, Nov 4, 2007.

1. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Finally got back to greenwood today...put in just a little before daylight and struggled catching bait so i did not get to start fishing until about 8:00 am...drfited 14 to 22 feet of water and caught 7 channels...the biggest fish was 12 lbs 5 oz (pic) and i had another good fish that was 10 lbs 15 oz...the other fish were in the 3 to 7 lb range...i had a ton of hits but they just would not take the bait...in fact the fish i did catch were all hooked in the whisker or just inside the lip...none of the fish really ate the bait like i thought they would for this time of year...i even tried smaller cuts of bait but i got the same result...but man they sure did fight good...love it when they bull dog right at the boat!!!...sorry about the pic i had to cut off her tail to make it fit and the cooler lid the fish is laying on is exactly 20 inches long.

Attached Files:

2. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    man that pic is cut off bad...sorry again about that...her tail was hanging off the other side of the cooler lid by about 2 or 3 inches.

3. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    Must be nice. I've been stuck here all weekend with a broke down boat. Thats a nice fish.

4. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Two DD channels in one day is beautiful to me.The smackdown is being layed everywhere.:smile2:

5. Cat Lady

Cat Lady New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Nice catch. Sounds like you had a nice day fishing, and hope ya didn't freeze to death. Congratulations.

6. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Foothills, I can't tell where Foothills is at in that pic. All I see is man cola cooler with a catfish on it.:smile2::smile2: Great catch! Holy moly, looks to me like Foothills has been laying down the smack:wink:

7. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Way to go, Craig - that's a real nice channel. Maybe you should tie up some stinger rigs for when the fish are striking short.

8. Big Cat Hunter

Big Cat Hunter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Great job foothills!!! I am glad to see that someone can lay so smack down. I sure have not been able to.:big_smile:

9. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    good catch craig,thats a nice looking channel,:wink:

10. bruce edmunds

bruce edmunds New Member

State:
    southcarolina
    good job foot hills ,it got a little windy didnt it ,my daughter and i could only manage 4,sorry we missed each other again:sad2:

11. dust777man

dust777man New Member

State:
    SC
    Another good day on Greenwood. Congrats!!!

12. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    yep i was fightin the wind most of the day...i went looking for ya when i was thru fishin but i could not find ya...next time put up a big giant flag with a skull and cross bones on it.:big_smile:

13. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    pat i thought about trying some stingers but i down sized my baits instead...the baits were not big enough to even put a stinger on...i'm always afraid if i put on stinger hooks that a channel that comes along and really eats the bait will get the stinger way back in it's throat and it will cause alot of damage...that's just my personal opinion.