Lake Greenwood Info Please

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by schunter61, Jun 9, 2008.

1. schunter61

schunter61 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I just started fishing at Lake Greenwood and of course I do have much to learn. Any advice would sure be helpful.:tounge_out:

2. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Welcome to the BOC!:wink: You'll find some good folks and info here.

3. fishmccall

fishmccall New Member

State:
    Anderson sc
    Welcome to the BOC I'm sure some of the these guy's can help you with greenwood.

4. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Info like how you have been fishing (drifting, anchoring, rigs, ex.) and what bait you have been using would help in giving advice.

5. schunter61

schunter61 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I saw what you did for that fella headed to Iraq. That was one heck of a nice thing to do. Being retired military it hit deep to the core. Now as far as fishing goes, I am still very much in the learning phase. I have been fishing all my life but am trying to concentrate on only two species that is Crappie and Catfish. I prefer to anchor but am not opposed to drifting if the weather is right. I use cutbait (whatever I can get my hands on) I do prefer bream. Mostly i am looking for general areas that I can begin my search. I have some places in mind not far from the state park. I just dont want to waste my time or gas.
    I checked out your website and am trying to get another buddy or my son to go out on a trip with me.

6. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    ChrisBlue has them suckers trained on Greenwood!! They jump in the dang boat on his guide trips!! :smile2:

7. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Glad to have you with us, Mel :big_smile: And I agree with the rest: Chris knows a boatload about Greenwood - you can learn a ton from him.

8. catman96

catman96 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Welcome aboard, the area around state park holds alot of channels in the 1-4lbs range. The river channel runs close to points in that area also. Try fishing the cove that the state park fishing pier is in, I catch alot there while drifiting livers or shrimp.

9. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Mel if you are just wanting to catch some fish then drifting is gone be your best bet.Theres plenty of good creek runs around the State Park that hold fish this time of year.Shrimp gets alot more bites and fish then cut bait this time of year but normally..... (I said normally Patman:wink:) cut bait gets the bigger channels and from time to time a flathead.

Either drift or slow troll in and out of the creeks.Once you hit the right creek you'll be on em good.Here in the next few weeks the thermocline will set in and there want be any oxygen in the main body of the lake so they will be resorting to creeks.

10. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    "crappie and catfish"....well crappie makes great catfish bait!!!:big_smile::smile2::big_smile:....man if you want to learn and get a jump on greenwood you HAVE to book a trip or two with chris....it WILL accelerate your knowledge of the lake and catfishin as a whole...believe me that it will be worth every penny you spend!!!

11. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Welcome to the BOC Mel. Good luck with Greenwood.

12. schunter61

schunter61 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I appreciate all the help and the warm welcome :big_smile:from everyone