Lake Greenwood Catfisherman

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by bigcatman0001, Oct 6, 2008.

1. bigcatman0001

bigcatman0001 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    To those of you I haven't spoken with my name is Brad and I fish lake greenwood alot. I was thinkin of maybee geting a bunch of us that fish lake greenwood together maybee one saturday or sunday down at the state park to just meet up and maybee have a fish fry or somethin and tell some good lies. As a younger fella I would love to learn a few tricks from some of the more experienced fisherman and who knows maybee we can do a little tournament or something. Anyone interested or have any ideas ? Lets see what happens!!!:big_smile:

2. takeaction

takeaction New Member

State:
    Ware Shoals, SC
    The wife and I don't fish it yet, as we don't have a boat, but we live just right up the road from the lake. :big_smile:

Would love to have a meet and greet, and if anyone wanted, I could go out a couple days before and catch a load of bream for those with boats that wanted to fish in a small tourney or just fish regular. I could get at least 30-50 bream depending on the weather. :crazy:

I'll keep an eye on this post to see if this happens.

3. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Sounds good to me!:big_smile: I'm good for some fun fishing, fellowship, fish fry, "man Cola" and good times!:big_smile: As soon as I get a Date for the CCC/ South Organizational meeting, you guys should come.:big_smile: I've got some Blue fillets from Santee the other month. About 3 gallon bags full!:big_smile: Can can somebody say" Good Eats".

4. takeaction

takeaction New Member

State:
    Ware Shoals, SC
    Would love to go to the CCC thing in greenwood, but as of right now, waiting on the disability, we have no money at all for dues or costs. We have to go to Columbia this coming weekend also, so we would have to miss out if it's THIS weekend at the lake. Just found out today about the Columbia trip. :angry: Can still get some baits for you all this weekend and meet someone on friday night if it's this coming weekend. We won't be leaving for Columbia until Sat. Morning.

5. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Wayne, We can get together any week'n!:wink: The CCC dues are $20.00 Dollors a year and will include Spouse, and children under 16 years of age. This will be a family club meaning they can attend meetings. Jimmy Johnny is also gonna bring his children as he's teaching them to be the next generation of Cat Smackers.:wink: When you get back, We meaning you, brad and myself will start working on the fish fry and fellowship!:big_smile: This is gonna be fun.

6. takeaction

takeaction New Member

State:
    Ware Shoals, SC
    Sounds good to me. :big_smile:

What day is the CCC thing? I can't remember now. I'll try to come up with the $20, but I truly doubt it will happen. Specially now that we have to go to Columbia.:angry:

Any day after this weekend is fine with me for the meetup... Have been anxiously waiting to meet people from around here.:big_smile:

7. bigcatman0001

bigcatman0001 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Sounds good I cant make the club meeting this weekend, but look forward to workin on the greenwood thing.:big_smile:

8. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    I just wanted to also stress pop pops comments about the club being family orientated . My kids are.. Jim Jr age 7 and Stefani age 10 and they are both full time fishing and camping kids . I would really love to see more kids come also, please never feel that your children will be in the way or a bother to other people . If there is anything I can to do help with the kids please let me know , I personally will do anything it takes to make both adults and children have a great experience together . We are one big family.....so bring them kids !!!!!

If there are times where we just wanna get out together and let it all hang out without young ears around that, IMO is fine also. Sometimes us grown-ups wanna get out and act like kids ourselves and not have to keep a eye out for our little ones ; )

I'm looking forward to meeting you folks and your kids really soon.

Take care
    -Jim-

Oh, Doug, to bad our little 4 legged friends wouldn't get alone eh ? LOL

9. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    I just want to let ya'll know that the date for the CCC meeting has not been set yet. But hopefully will be set by the weekend.

10. takeaction

takeaction New Member

State:
    Ware Shoals, SC
    Cool! Might be able to make both then. As for the kids. Autumn, 8, is our granddaughter. Do the dues cover all children or just your immediate children? Would love to become part of the CCC. Don't know how much of the tournament fishing I would ever be part of, as long drives over 2 hours tear me up, and are pretty much out of the question right now until the back is fixed.

11. bruce edmunds

bruce edmunds New Member

State:
    southcarolina
    lets get it on ,i am all for it ,let me know what i need to do .....bring....or whatever

12. takeaction

takeaction New Member

State:
    Ware Shoals, SC
    I was just informed by the wife that we will NOT be going to Columbia this weekend. Not really sure why, but it doesn't bother me any, cause that trip really hurts me. :smile2:

So any time ya'll wanna put together the meetup is fine with me. If it's in the afternoon, it could even be during the week? Weekend would probably be better for others though.

Karen has also informed me that I would be able to go fishing with others... LOL She added that this would only be allowed "IF" the person was aware that I'm disabled and have a few serious health issues that "could" ruin a fishing trip. I love my wife. hehe

13. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Your health issues wouldn't bother anyone here IMO. In fact I have great confidence you would be in great hands with any of these folks . If a trip had to end because of something like that then so be it.....

Hopefully you will get the chance to meet some of these guys...g'luck.

-Jim-

14. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Jim, You should come down when we have it?:wink: You know your more than welcomed. Maybe I'll have the new Catsmacker ride ready in time. Then I can break it in with some Slime!:smile2:

15. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Ok guys, I'm gonna see just how many Bags of blue fillets I got from Santee the other month. This looks like a good turn out:wink: I'll rent a camp site for a day or a shelter. I've got fish oil. and "Man Colas" for me!:smile2: But we gonna need some slaw and taters!:wink: I'll let ya know how much fish I got got tomorrow.

16. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    yum yum let me know i will show up with a few fish if i'm available the roundhill

17. buster1395

buster1395 New Member

State:
    Abbeville, Sout
    Keep me informed also I hope I can come and bring my old man with me. Be glad to bring whatever to help out. I'll be in Santee 16th-20th so if you guys do it this weekend I cant make it.

18. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    dang ron you gonna come up to greenwood lol? when is this thing gonna happen?

19. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Have yall set a date yet?

20. takeaction

takeaction New Member

State:
    Ware Shoals, SC
    Any day is fine with me. We got one that can't come THIS weekend though. How about the 25th or 26th? Anyone know of a better time? Right now our schedule is open.