Lake Greenwood: 9/20/07

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Patmansc, Sep 20, 2007.

1. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Well, you Lake Wylie boys musta wore the Greenwood channels out yesterday! All I could find were a coupla little dinks, 2# & 3#, around Goat Island. The wind was blowing about 15mph, & it was overcast all day - lite rain fell off & on in the late afternoon. Couldn't find any shad or perch, so had to use them shrimp again (my wife can't understand why we seem to run outta them so much :smile2:). Water temp was 76, about 8 degrees cooler than 2 weeks ago.

2. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    We had a hard tome catching shad. We got 3 big gizzards and used them. Our best bite was on Bream, heads and chunks.

3. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Pat there seemed to be a narrow depth range where the fish were. The better bite seemed to be in the creeks about 1/2 back in them from the mouth. They were there two days ago, and with the temps changes will probably move out from there and the numbers climb or drop. One thing was for sure, the channels were where the bait was. Once we lost bait we the bite started to drop off.

4. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    Thanks for the report Patmansc. I thought we had a good day fishing. We used the same techniques we use at Lake Wylie. We probably could have caught a coolerful of channels. They were abundant and hitting it pretty well. Wyliecat and Billfish76 reported that the fish they caught were slamming pole bending hits. I was drifting a little slower I think and had a lot of line out. My fish took it but not as well. The bait was hard to get but I think the cooling of the shallows probably makes it tougher. I couldn't catch threadfin in the usual places on Wylie yesterday.

5. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Thanks, Dieter! I tried drifiting up several creek mouths, but with no success. Didn't mark any bait in any of them. The only place where I located a big pod of bait was on a large flat around the main channel in about 25' of water, but got no hits. Maybe this changing weather has got 'em scattered all around?

6. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    well patmansc i hate that you could not find any bait...it would have probably made a huge difference in your catch...i have tried shrimp time and time again and i even still give it a whirl now and again but i just don't have the luck on them as i do on fresh cut bait...chrisblue says shrimp will work but they gotta be fresh and jumbo size...i always use pre-frozen shrimp so that may be why it don't work.