Lake Greenwood 9/2/09

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by pop pop, Sep 3, 2009.

1. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Deepwater1 and I got out on G-wood today for some channel cat action. We had a great time and lots of fun. It took a couple of spots before we found the cats, then the Slap A Thon was on! We drifted from 10 to 25 ft using skipjack and some lucky scrimps and ended with 35 channels or so. It didn’t take long before Curt was throwing down the Cranium Slap Bomb on their head with a right hand smack! Today was fun, fun, fun.

2. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Sounds like a big time slap a thon!! You two guys must know some BIG STUFF!!!:wink:

3. DamonG

DamonG Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Sounds like you two had a blast. Maybe one day George and I can come over and you can show us some of that channel cat action.

4. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    WTG guys,great day of Channel cattin right there:big_smile:

5. Deepwater1

Deepwater1 New Member

State:
    Toccoa, GA
    That it was! Them channels heard that the Pop Pop was in the house and they couldn't get to them scrimps fast enough. We had to beat them off with a boat paddle. (left the landing net at home) LOL

I really enjoyed a day with Pop Pop and the catching was so good, that I'm going back tomorrow for another try. Oh, by the way guys (and ladies), that small restaurant by the 221 launch ramp is open again. Opens at 7 AM for that morning coffee and breakfast. Their ice tea and lunch was really great too. If we support them we will have a place, that is close, to go for refreshment and nourishment. Nothing like a couple glasses of cold iced tea when you're done pulling the boat out. (I like my tea) :big_smile: :wink:

6. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Sounds like a great trip Doug. Thanks for sharing!

7. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    I bet half them channels on G-Wood have knots on theirs heads from getting smacked on from you....nice trip guys ; )

-Jim-

8. Cutbait101

Cutbait101 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Great trip fellows,soon as i get over this surgery i will be down there!:wink: