Lake Greenwood 9.19.07

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by WylieCat, Sep 19, 2007.

1. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    I guess you were expecting someone besides me to be giving a fishing report on Greenwood huh? :big_smile:

Mudkip, Billfish76, and myself traveled down to Greenwood today in search of DD channel cats. No, not healthy females, the DD stands for Double Digit...10 pound or more channels cats.

The water looked like swamp water at the bridge. Seriously, all brown and stained. Temps was around 78 degrees and it was really windy blowing 10-15 out of the NE.

We tried the mouth of one creek and had to bail out of that about 25 minutes into the drift because we could not slow the boat down enough. We tried some other creeks and had a lot better luck. Most fish were average weight fish, but there were a couple of 7-8 pounders. Bream heads and gizzard shad were preferred baits.

Sadly, the DD channel cats were not to be taken today by us.

Mudkip was in his boat and Billfish76 and I were in mine and we worked different parts of the lake. We both ended the day with 17-18 channels and we had another 65 white perch that volunteered for bait duty. Interestingly the best bite was in the afternoon from 2-4.

BTW Chrisblue, remember when I called you and complained about there not being as many white perch as you said there were? Well, we caught 60 in about 30 minutes after getting off the phone with you!!

Overall it was an above average day and Greenwood is a lake I will visit again!!

2. sarSWAMPFOX

sarSWAMPFOX New Member

State:
    Union, South Caroilna
    Glad to hear you had a fun trip to Greenwood.

3. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Boys I hate yall didnt get a 10+ lbr. Sometimes it will take 2 to 3 trips before it happens but it will happen.:wink: Its gettin close to prime time.

4. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Hey Dieter - glad to see that you gave Greenwood a try. I've been lucky enough to land a couple of those double digit channels there, and they really fight great. Keep coming back, you'll get into 'em before long. There's a 20-pounder in there with my name onnit, and I'm going out tomorrow to see if I can catch up with her :wink:

5. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Sounds like y'all had fun. White perch you say, in Greenwood, naa not many white perch in Greenwood. Its a safe bet that the white perch are account to 40% of the fish in Greenwood.

6. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    well the big guns of wylie roll into greenwood...i thought i made it clear to the dnr to run y'all off if you showed up down here:big_smile::wink::big_smile:glad y'all had some pullage...i know the wind had to make it tough cause it was really blowing that day...better days ahead and surely if y'all got into em like that on your first trip it won't be long till you land a hawg.

7. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    I thought that it was a great lake, and am looking forward to fishing it again. Hopefully next time we wont have the wind to fight all day.

8. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Billfish76 and I were amazed at the number of trees attached to some of the docks back up in them creeks!! Man!! People have their docks tricked out with lots of trees and lights. I bet it is an awesome crappie lake at night once the temps drop!