Lake Greenwood: 8/31/07

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Patmansc, Aug 31, 2007.

1. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Finally dusted the cobwebs off the boat, and hit Lake Greenwood today - what an adventure! Couldn't find any shad, so started drifting with shrimp; first fish was a gar that hit at about 100mph (seemed like), he was only on for a few seconds then cut through the leader. 2nd fish was a largemouth ba$$ caught while jigging for perch. 3rd fish was a really nice crappie, which was hanging around a GIANT school of white perch that I got into for a few minutes - man that was fun, a fish on almost every cast (and bait for tomorrow). :smile2: Finally caught a 5# channel in about 20 feet of water on a perch head just as my trolling motor battery died ( I let him go back to grow up). So the boat's on the charger now and I'ma going back tomorrow :wink:

2. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Thanks for the report, Pat. Good to see you back on the water. You could have used that bass for bait, too. :wink:

3. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    I'm glad you had fun, and I hope you catch some of these Greenwood Channels tomorrow.

I,ve been catching them in about 10 to 20 ft. of water in coves with creek channels feeding them:wink:.

4. Cat Lady

Cat Lady New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Out of all the things that u caught, you mean you couldn't catch a striper too? LOL. Hope you have a good trip tomorrow.:smile2: